Monday, August 21, 2006

Mmmmmmmm...Muffins...Mmmmmmmm



I have been wanting to make Banana Double Chocolate Chip muffins for about a month now.
I am not what you'd call a chef or a professional baker by any means. I bake about 6 times a year and it's usually something out of a box, but when I make muffins I always make the same kind from scratch. Yummmmm!
I was gonna make them a week or two ago, but Zig came to work and said that his wife had made some and he wrote about it on his blog so I didn't want to seem like a copier. I decided "that's fine, I'll just wait a week or so and then I'll whip some up" so I told another lady at work on Friday that I was going to make some and bring them to work this week.
This morning we were talking about what we had done this past weekend and she told me her husband had made Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Grrrr, again I didn't want to make them when someone else had eaten them lately. I wanted to make lots and bring some into work for everyone else to enjoy.
This afternoon I couldn't take it anymore ( I was salivating at my desk), I called my husband and gave him a list of the essentials I needed to make them and came home tonight and made a double recipe. They are very yummy. I always leave some chunks of banana, and add a little cocoa to the mix to make them extra chocolatey and this time I mixed some sour cream in to make them extra moist.
I've already eaten two, so no more for me tonight, but I have just packaged some up for my husband to take to work tomorrow and also a plate for me to take to the office and there is still a humongous plate leftover for us.
I wish you could taste them...delish!

PS Doesn't the plate of mashed banana look disgusting!?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Would you share the recipe?? I sure would like to try them.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Mmmm.... Banana Chocolate Chip muffins....

I told Zig last night he should encourage you to send one home with him today for me.

They look fantastic.

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home