Tuesday, August 22, 2006

So Very, Very Broke

Oh man, it's that time of the month when the hubby and I are really feeling the pinch.
Bills are due, we need groceries, we need gas, all of a sudden there is no toilet paper, dish soap, salt, ketchup, coffee, laundry detergent or tylenol left in the entire apartment. You know...when every single thing you actually need seems to run out all at the same time?
This has been an expensive week; gifts for people at work, buying food to take to parties at work, a wedding card that needed cash, going to the bar as a farewell party, my husband buying Bomber's football tickets because we got a deal through one of the players (of course he managed to persuade me that 2 for the price of 1 was too good a deal to pass up even though we're broke - damn him!)
I am currently waiting on three (yes, three) freelance cheques that I should be getting any day now, and boy do we need them. The sucky part about it is that I do freelance because I love it. I mean, the money is great, don't get me wrong, but I actually really like doing the work and getting to meet all sorts of cool people.
But part of the reason freelance is so great is because it's money on top of your regular paycheque. Usually it is reserved for spending on something really great that I've wanted but wouldn't splurge on with my regular paycheque, or going for a great dinner with my husband and putting the rest away for our trip in February or something like that.
But what usually happens it that there is suddenly a bill in dire need of being paid, or our cars are both running on empty or something like that.
The only good thing about having no money for the next 8 days or so is that it will seem like we won the lottery next week...the hubby and I both get paid on the 31st, Yay!

1 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

with my beer glass raised I say "here here" to your entry

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home