Sunday, August 20, 2006

Chicks Rule!

Last night me and one of my girlfriends went out to the Dixie Chicks concert here in Winnipeg. (This stems for my closet love affair with country music.)
I have to say that this was one of the best concerts I've ever been to; the Chicks sounded awesome singing live, almost better that they do on their albums.
We had a great time and I would highly recommend that if you're into country at all, they are a fabulous group to see live.
Of course, it didn't hurt that they were so vocal about the whole President Bush thing. All I have to say about that is that I totally support them in that regard.
And for those of you who don't - why don't you take a listen to Jay Leno or David Letterman or even Saturday Night Live and hear the things they say about their president, much worse I have to say. Hmmm, I wonder if the fact that they have penises has anything to do with the fact that people just laugh them off? I think so.
Anyways, that's enough of my views on the subject. The Chicks were awesome, we had a great time and I hope I get to see them again sometime!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm sooo jealous! I can't believe you saw the Chicks. And I totally agree with you about the fact that many people are reacting to a few comments by a female country group in a way not seen anywhere else - pop groups, comedians, talk-show hosts, and actors seem to be allowed to say what they want about the government but not the Chicks. Weird. I never thought about it being a gender thing before!

Like I said, I'm soooo jealous!

6:41 PM  
Blogger LH said...

Just found your blog. Enjoyed reading your posts.

Warning: Drinking and blogging could be hazardous to your health.

Ha!

6:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home