Thursday, August 17, 2006

Just When I Was About To Snap...

Today I was feeling much better, still a little bit of a headache but I'm happy to report that there was not so much as a dry-heave in the night.
Today was one wild day at work, lemme tell ya. Actually I'll just give you a brief overview. Uh hum, ok, let's see...my boss is sick, the other editor at work quit, her re-placement didn't show up today and apparently won't be showing up ever, I have a freelance piece due tomorrow that I'm having trouble writing since 2 of the people that I was supposed to interview never returned my phone calls, and there are some crazy deadlines that are suddenly looming overhead.
That may not sound so crazy to you, but if you were in my shoes right now, you would either be peeing your pants or having a good cry - maybe a little of both. There are about 5 magazines on my plate right now that needed to go out, like, yesterday. Yikes!
By 4 o'clock this afternoon I had heard so much bad news at work (there are other issues I won't go into) I was semi-delirious and laughing hysterically because there was nothing else I could do. I called my husband to tell him what was going on and then had to hang up on him because one of the non-returning phone call interviewees finally decided to call me back.
Then my husband was late picking me up so I called and yelled at him that I had been standing there waiting for about 20 minutes for him (it was more like 6) and he said he was almost there. He pulled up about 30 seconds later and when I got in he handed me an envelope. Inside was a card - and no, I will not tell you what it said - however it went along the lines of he was sorry I had such a rotten day and he loved me. Then he pulled a half dozen Gerbera daisies out of the backseat, my favourite flower!
Lemme tell you, it's moments like that where I thank my lucky stars that this man is willing to put up with my crap. He dishes out his fair share as well - but he always knows what to do to make me feel better when it's 'dire straits' time.
Anyway, tomorrow is the other editor's last day and we're having a pot-luck lunch for her and then we're leaving work early to go to a pub and get very, very happy...actually very, very drunk...which will make us very, very happy.
Everyone in my department at work deserves a crazy night of not worrying about deadlines and screaming clients, hopefully I will have some great pictures for Saturday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home