Friday, July 21, 2006

Hurricane Ali

Surprise, surprise, my apartment is a complete disaster area.
Those of you who know me also know that I'm not the tidiest of people, which funnily enough, seems to just get worse with age.
As a child my room always seemed to look like a whirlwind had taken up permanent residence but as I got older and moved out on my own I seemed to get a little better about picking up after myself.
Then...I got married. All hell broke loose after that. My husband tends to be somewhat of a messy guy himself so the two of us are quite the pair.
The thing is, our apartment is never dirty, just cluttered - there are always things sitting around.
Most of the time 3/4's of the apartment are decent enough but the kitchen table and the bedroom are always in disaray.
The table is always covered in papers and the bedroom is always covered in clothes, and I've probably only made our bed about 12 times in the six years that we've lived together.
I have a hard time concentrating on only one thing at a time so the prospect of filing all the papers on the table or taking the time to sort out and hang up all the clothes is very daunting.
Right now I am writing this blog entry, downloading music, making tea, watching a movie, making a grocery list, doing laundry and paying bills all at the same time. My mind only settles on one thing long enough to do about 3 minutes of it before I move on to the next, so it usually takes some time to get it all done.
I really do have the best intentions of putting things away, but usually by the time I'm done with whatever it is I was using, I'm bored and can't be bothered to deal with it anymore.
Does anyone else have this problem? It's almost as though I have an attention deficit disorder, except that I've always been this way and know that it has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a Gemini.
It's great to be a Gemini; great but exhausting.

3 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You ain't seen nothing! Gigi and I are both in the same boat. Right now I am watching the British open, eating lunch, I just transferred beer to a glass tank to settle, I am cleaning the kitchen and contemplating a nap...oh and blogging too. Meanwhile this room is a wreck.

Reg

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read each of your blog iterations they were interesting. I am however worried about your gem an I deal. I recommend that you hold out for a higher price. Your husband would appreciate it and I think your worth much more
then half a gem each

5:30 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

"Omar", you're hilarious, I wish you would've posted your name so I could check out who you are. Please do...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home