Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Home Sweet Home



As I mentioned yesterday, I was at my parents house this long weekend. Nothing particularly thrilling usually happens there but that may be the best quality about going there to visit.
After being moved away from that little town for over 8 years, it's still home to me and the only place that I can actually really relax. Gag, gag. I know, that sounds like an excerpt from a Little House on the Prairie novel, but it's true.
I spent most of the weekend hanging out with my brother and mom. My dad was home one of the days too and it was nice getting to just sit around.
I took a bunch of my cameras with me and was snap-happy the whole time I was home.
It was cool though because my mom and I drove out to the country to the house my grandpa grew up in, then lived with my grandma and their 7 kids before moving to a place in town. The place has long been forgotten but that just makes it all the more interesting. My mom walked around the yard telling me all about the things they used to do there. They had a full on farm so there were chicken coops, horse stables, 2 open wells and this house was tiny. Tiny like I can't imagine living there with my husband and one kid, let alone 7.
Anyways, the eggs in the pic above were in a Robin's nest under my parents sundeck (it is hard to take a good picture when the space between the deck boards in half an inch, let me tell ya).
The other pic was on my drive back to Manitoba; I tell you there is something about the way the sun comes through clouds that gets me every time. I cannot keep driving when I see light like that - and I have the rolls and rolls of film to prove it.
Not the most thrilling blog entry, I know - I promise tomorrow will have you so excited that you pee just a little.

1 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

you promised pee inducing excitment... and what happens? I am let down!!! I held my pee all day, just so I could make sure to pee a little... and then... nothing... WHERE IS THIS EXCITING ENTRY YOU PROMISED?

6:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home