Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Excuse Me While I Kick My Own Ass

As if.

One week since I've posted.

I'm completely disgusted.

I imagine Rock Chef may quit talking to me soon.

Anyways, I was going to list a bunch of crap about why I was so busy - stuff like office drama, watching E, running, neglecting Ramona, doing laundry, cleaning and all that other stuff - but I realized that my life is always like that. And so is everyone elses. So no point whining about it because we're all in the same boat.

Instead I decided to give you a little photo montage, because I know you all really want to see that...okay, I know you probably don't...especially because the pictures aren't anywhere near cool, but this is the mood I was in today, so ha!

Last night I bought some new mascara. It promised not only amazingly long-looking lashes, but a sparkle to boot! I couldn't resist the idea of having sparkly lashes, so I bought it and decided to try it out this morning.

So here we go:

I always have a good time blow-drying my hair.
I'm weird, what can I say.

Straighten, straighten, straighten - story of my life.

So check this out - do you see any super sparkly, glimmery, fantastical magic-ness coming from my eyelashes?
Yeah, me neither.

And then I was like, "Ali did you really think your eyelashes were going to be sparkly and gorgeous if you bought this mascara?"

The answer was no, I didn't. But I thought for that kind of packaging I would at least see maybe a hint of a glimmer.

Ah, no matter. They did their job and got me to buy the stupid stuff.

Happy Tuesday!

9 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Me stop talking to you? Who are you trying to kid? I was just about to send you an email asking how you were, etc, but now I don't need to!

Mascara - the ads for this drive me nuts. I don't know about your part of the world but over here they have ads that show amazingly wonderful lashes and there, at the bottom in small writing is the disclaimer - pictures show false lashes that have been Photoshopped too! In other words, it is all b*$$*£&s! Ah well, it helps to keep the economy moving!

And you DO have very good lashes, I'll give you that!

8:06 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hah, just to be a real pain about the mascara thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6915296.stm

8:27 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I'm totally going to be staring at your eyelashes all through dinner now...

8:50 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You have as much crap on your refrigerator as we do.

How do you keep the whites of your eyes so white? Bleach?

9:11 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

i think your eyes look super sparkly!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kyla Roma said...

Ha! You're so cute! The only kind of mascara I use is L'Oreal Voluminous in blackest black. I love the stuff.

PS - You look dreamy, is it for D or me? ;)

9:56 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I would have bought sparkly mascara too. I'm always on the look-out for something that enhances my lashes. (Just bought something called Lash Stiletto. Good stuff.)

Were you blowdrying in the kitchen?

11:44 AM  
Blogger James said...

I have been waiting for you to post.
That was very insightful about everybody being in the same boat playing catch up. It's true.

I don't know anything about mascara. But I always notice when Laundry Fairy is wearing it.
Doesn't advertising suck when products don't deliver as promised? You feel short changed.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL...you crak me up...I'm with you and the straightner,it's my best friend these days LOL...

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home