Sunday, June 28, 2009

I Love Not Wearing Pants, But Whoa...

On Friday I almost walked out of the house with no pants on.
And I wasn't wearing a skirt, either. Or shorts. Just underwear.
Now if someone else told me that they had almost walked out of the house with no pants, I would have laughed, but wondered to myself how in the world anyone could almost do that. I mean, come on! It's pants! A bottom to go with your top! Something to protect you from the wind, rain, snow, sun, perverts, hot leather seats, etc. How could you possibly forget you weren't wearing them?!
I'm here to tell you that you can forget that you're not wearing pants.
When you're getting a one-year-old ready for the day, eating breakfast, doing laundry, making coffee, checking your email, updating your twitter, looking at pictures and packing a diaper bag - it can happen.
When you've already got the diaper bag and your purse on your shoulder, your flip flops on, your travel mug in your hand, and a baby on your hip, it's always a good idea to look down. Just once, to make sure that you are indeed fully dressed.
And when you realize that you're not, put everything down, swear in disbelief, have a really good laugh, and put your damn pants on.

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hm, I was about to ridicule you, but suddenly remembered:

Walking the dog in my slippers, because I forgot to put my wellies on.

Coming to work in my pajama top.

Leaving my keys in the front door lock all night. And all day on a couple of other occasions.

So I guess you haven't done too bad! Of course, I think you just ruined the day for the oggling builders...

3:01 AM  
Blogger James said...

That was funny, after I did the mental translation and realised by "pants" you meant trousers and not knickers.

Never done anything like that yet, but there is still time

7:03 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I do it all the time. I hate to wear pants. I can get away with it living in a place surrounded by trees. So it is not uncommon for me to walk up to the barn in a tee shirt and boxers.

7:48 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

James- I think she does the knickers thing all the time- I'm sure she wrote a post about it once!

This is hilarious!
xo

8:17 AM  
Anonymous zack said...

awesome - :) at least you realized before you got into your car and started driving! lol

8:56 AM  
Blogger terri said...

Never done that...

But if I understand correctly what is meant by knickers...

nevermind.

7:56 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

PMSL....Oh that is a classic....! Only you girl..only you LMAO..

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home