Monday, July 06, 2009

I Miss the Bestie

I'm pretty sure by now, anyone that comes around here with any sort of regularity will know who the Bahama Mama is. For anyone that actually doesn't, she's my best friend of 29 years who moved to Nassau, Bahamas in 2001, and who I love more than I could ever say - though I would never tell her that because she's totally not a "share your feelings" kind of person.

I'm actually on the phone with her right now. And I'm cry/laughing, because she just told me about how she dropped off a friend at the airport the other day super early in the morning, then when she went to leave she found out the parking lot attendant wasn't in yet. So instead of just sitting in her car at the gate, she decided to reverse and drive back to the airport to grab a coffee and wait - but when she backed up, she forgot about the row of spikes behind her that was made to stop people driving into the lot the wrong way, thus avoiding having to pay. She also forgot about the sign warning her about those spikes, that said reversing into them would cause damage to her car. So she backed up. Then heard a bang. Then realized what she had done, didn't know what else to do, and sat there and laughed. When she finally got out to check the damage, she realized she had ripped a chunk off the side of her car, and that it was hanging by a thin strip of metal. So once the lot opened, she drove home, dragging the chunk of car as she went.

This is the kind of stupid ass, hilarious crap of a situation that we used to get into on a regular basis. Had she done that while I was with her, I would have screamed at the bang, sat there in disbelief with her, got out of the car with her, laughed so hard at the car that I had to squat to keep myself from peeing my pants, then been her lookout on the drive home, ensuring we never lost the dragging piece of car.
I've figured out that in the past 8 years, I've seen her 20 times, which is so not enough.

I miss her and our shenanigans.

3 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I think I would have been inclined to call the airport people and complain - I mean if the parking lot attendant isn't there- there should be some way of getting out of the lot.

Not the point of the post I know - but just sayin'

xo

8:30 AM  
Blogger terri said...

That is definitely not enough. Best friends like that are few and far between. I hope the two of you find a way to spend more time together.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Yep, you definitely need to see more of each other! I wish she would blog...

3:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home