Monday, June 08, 2009

My Last Birthday...Ever?

Today I turn 29.

More precisely, I turn 29 at 6:36pm tonight.

I'm not super excited about it, but not really upset about it either.

On the one hand I'm like: Duuuuuuude. It's my last year in my 20's. My last year being "young." My last year before I have to be a "real" grown-up.

But on the other hand I'm like: So? I've been married forever, I've already got a kid, a sedan, a career, and a pretty sweet life, so what's the big whup?

Basically, I don't care about being 29, I just didn't like looking in the mirror on Friday and noticing some fine lines around my eyes.

That sucked.

Ah well, happy Monday!!!!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

29? You're just a baby!

Some of us are 46 soon! That must make me ancient!

Happy Birthday!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

You listen to Jr. The 30's were fun. More confidence.

Happy birthday.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

I think a woman is in her prime in her thirties. Don't worry, you don't ever have to be a real grown up if you don't want to. I just barely feel like a grown up and I am 60!

10:20 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I might make it sound like I'm dragging my feet here fighting my 40s but I have to say that my 40s have so far been the best years of my life in some ways!

Happy Birthday chica!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Happy Birthday Ali....Hope you have a wonderful wonderful day...

Another year,another wrinkle...

LOL...Dan xoxo

7:29 PM  
Blogger James said...

Happy Birthday TWM! Hey no worries the thirties will be OK. I promise.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Slyde said...

Happy birthday!

what time do you need me over to jump out of the cake?

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Rock Chef - A baby? Ha! I'll take it!

Wreggie - More confidence...hmm, I could stand some of that too I suppose :)

Judy - Good to know! I don't think I'll ever really grow up anyways.

Terri - Thank you! And I'm sure you're right :)

SIS - Thanks, Dan. Wrinkles suck... but there are worse things!

James - I'm holding you to that promise!

Slyde - Husband leaves for the night shift at 7, I'll expect you at 7:05.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home