Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Spectacles and Cornea Damage

I'm going to get my eyes checked today. I have no doubt that I'll need new glasses because my eye sight seems to have totally gone down the crapper. I noticed it before I was pregnant, then noticed that it seemed to be worse while I was pregnant, but decided to wait.
I read somewhere once that your eyes can change while you're pregnant, but that sometimes it can go back to the way it was, so holding out for a bit seemed like the best option.
I hate getting my eyes checked though. Not the actual exam, but that one test they do that tests your eye pressure. Where you look into that machine, focus on an image and it blows a puff of air at your corneas so hard that you'd swear your eyes were now up against the back of your skull? I loathe that test.
I used to nearly hyperventilate when I knew that test was coming. I would panic, and close my eyes, and swear - at one office I had two ladies trying to distract me with random dirty jokes, just because I was freaking so bad.
The last time though, I found that they had refined it a bit so that now it just feels like my eyes are getting a tiny puff of air. Much more manageable.
Plus, I love picking out new glasses! Is that nerdy of me? I only wear them when I'm driving or in a movie theatre or something, but I do love them. I actually find glasses quite sexy on most people. Maybe not the coke bottle thick, taped up, so-big-they-cover-your-entire-cheek kind, but for the most part, glasses are hot. And they make people look smart. I love smart people.

Okay, enough random babbling about my eyeballs...

5 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

The new machines can test without puffing.

I always wanted to slap the guy after he puffed me.

12:37 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL glasses are sexy.....he he he...

Oh and I hate that bloody puffer things as well, worse when they dont tell you they are about to do it !

7:29 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I hate that test too.

And glasses are dead sexy too. Mrs RC likes it when I wear my glasses.

2:59 AM  
Blogger terri said...

I once bought a pair of readers just because they were cute and made me look smart. I don't really need them, but I keep them at my desk and wear them now and then just for fun. They have polka dots!

8:47 PM  
Blogger James said...

I can recommend my optician, she puts her knee in your lap. Oh..I forgot..you can get that from your doctor and get naked too.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home