Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tidbits - Part 31??? Or Something Like That

We put up our outdoor Christmas lights this weekend - new LED ones - holy brightness Batman! Each string was supposed to be 12'. I swear, I don't know how those people from Noma measure a foot, but it must be with an eleven inch ruler. I was exactly one foot short!!! I think the husband would have been happy just leaving that foot of space lightless, but for anyone that knows me, you know I'm pretty OCD about that sort of stuff, so back to the store he went, and I'll be re-stringing the lights today to include the extras.

Ellery has been teething forever, but now there is finally a tooth coming through. This means complete and total misery on her part. For a baby that never cries, a few tears, a constant need to be held, and a steady, angry stream of "buh, buh, buh, buh" yelled at every person, toy, spoon and washcloth that gets near her is a bit of a shocker to us. Hope it breaks through by tomorrow - even baby Tylenol isn't making a difference.

Last week I finally sent the package of stuff that I began putting together over a year ago for Rock Chef. Yes. Over a year ago. Now you know I'm not lying when I say that I'm a bit of a procrastinator. Ellery added her final touch to the box by slobbering all over one corner of it - hope it's dry by the time it gets there!

I don't get people that spend a fortune on "salon quality" shampoo and conditioners. My favourite shampoo is Head & Shoulders - the Classic Clean scent. For any of you that live under a rock, H&S is a dandruff shampoo. Now I don't have dandruff - never have - but oh man do I love this shampoo! I would use it every day if I could, but since it's medicated and I don't really have a need for it, I limit myself to using it a couple times a week. Otherwise I buy whatever is cheap and catches my eye that day.

I'm becoming a Pepsi-aholic again. Eeew. Every so often I go through a phase where pop is all I will drink, forsaking water almost completely. Right now it's Pepsi...I wish I could get back on the bandwagon.

And last but not least, my little beach baby...in the tub. I bought this bathing suit years ago, when I was 21 or so, and had put it away in the hopes that one day I would have a daughter that could wear it. Since then I've pulled it out every so often - but of course now I really do have a little girl to put in it!!! Only thing is that it's for a 3 month old, but she's just able to fit it now at nearly 7 months - so no beach for this baby - bathtub it is!

6 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

An old friend of mine once told me that she uses Biosilk shampoo and that it made a world of difference on her hair...so I tried it and I have to say that it did make a difference...my hair is just silkier and easier to "do". But I admit that I really just like to use something different each day so I have my one bottle of salon quality and my 2 bottles of cheapy Herbal Essences and I just switch back and forth and I'm a happy girl. Then there's the toner I use and the cleanser boy this is complicated!!

P.S. that suit is adorable!!!...so's the baby in it!! :)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

OMG - you finally sent that package! I am so impressed - I've been hearing about it...well I guess for a year now :)

That reminds me, I have to send out some blog prizes!

xo

12:21 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That is one cute baby!

7:09 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Now how is my parcel going to get here with the address scribbled out like that?

Ali...

9:50 AM  
Blogger Slyde said...

those pics are precious!

7:42 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

PMSl.....what a little doll...she is even striking a pose....

Love Love....

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home