Tuesday, July 08, 2008

This and That

I'm suffering from a sort of writer's block. I've noticed it lately when I have to write anything beyond my name. I guess that's what 3 months of barely using your brain will do to you. Not only am I having trouble coming up with ideas of what to blog about, but I am seriously wondering if I could even make any of the topics coherent.

Thank you cards are a pain in the ass. However, since I appreciate everything we've received to celebrate Ellery's birth, of course I know they are a necessary thing. But damn...I'm on card number 63 with a whole other stack to go. Boo.


We got a new couch and chair last week. They are wonderful and super comfy...and I feel like a 5 year old because when I sit on them my feet don't touch the floor.

Ellery hates to sleep. Hates it. Does she want to sleep? Oh yes, in fact she can barely keep her eyes open half the time. But does she sleep? Oh no. She will fight tooth and nail not to fall asleep, especially during the day. I laughed out loud when reading that most babies should sleep an average of 16 hours a day...HA! If she gets 2 hours made up of cat naps throughout the day, I'm lucky. She is a nosy little being.
Here she is passed out on our bed yesterday - I was moving her all over while I tried to change the sheets, then went to move her so I could finish and realized she had passed out - it lasted 15 minutes.

We're going to Calgary at the end of August for a week. I am so excited. We haven't been there since we moved 7 years ago and I miss it so much, I would love to move back someday. It is a breathtaking city and it broke my heart to leave it when we did. Plus, you know...Ikea is calling my name.

One of the strangest things has happened since I've been "unemployed". It seems we have more money now than when I was getting a full paycheque. When I was making nearly double what I am now, we were barely scraping by most of the time...but now that I make a pathetic little cheque every two weeks, we seem to have extra cash all over the place. Who says work gets you further ahead?

I'm what you might call impatient. Surprising, I know (lol) but I do tend to be that way. One of the things I'm most impatient about is my hair. Like when I decide I like a hair cut, mine has to be cut that way right now. Forget waiting till next week, or even tomorrow, I need it done now. One of the drawbacks about that is that I often hack all my hair off, then end up regretting it the next day. I do that a lot - you'd think I'd get smarter about it, but I don't.
Anyhoo, right now my hair is actually getting pretty long...and I'm starting to get that itch to cut it off, just when I'm starting to be happy with the length. Is every woman like this or just me?

It's the Bahama Mama's (Monica's) 28th birthday today! Happy Birthday best friend, even though you don't read my blog!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

You have a classic case of "parent's brain rot". It gets worse before it gets better - wait til you know the plot of every single episode of Dora the Explora or whatever...

Some babies don't seem to sleep - the books seem to be written by people who have never actually seen a real baby. I have never seen one that says "Your baby will sleep for between 2 and 23 hours each day"!

4:11 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

You'll be suprised one day. All of a sudden she will sleep for 7 hours and you will be so freakin worried that something is wrong that you very nearly go and wake her up from doing exactly what you wanted her to do in the first place. Yeah. TRUST me. It happens.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That little stinker is afraid she's going to miss out on something GOOD! Backpacker Momma is right though, one day it will just all fall into place.

10:58 AM  
Blogger tz said...

serious flash back, neither on of mine slept much at all....and i read sooooo many books about ways to get them to sleep....

the creativity thing...well just look at the beuty of your child...it takes a lot to 'create' such wonder...it may take awhile to replenish ;)

seriously, I like to say my brain went to my uterus and it's very slow coming back..

7:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home