Thursday, June 26, 2008

DON'T GIVE UP ON ME!!!! I WILL RETURN!!!!!

Oh man - I know - this is getting ridiculous - it's been like 10 days since I last posted - and I promised I would be getting back on the blogging bandwagon not that long ago. How quickly I forget. *sigh*

So here's the deal (deep breath): I'm still in Ontario, husband is back in Manitoba working, Ellery is already 6 weeks old, dial-up sucks and that's why I'm all but ignoring the Internet, I can't even check my cell messages because my voicemail doesn't work in the boonies, I forgot how many bugs are out in the country during the summer, it's so hot right now that my hair is in curls from all the humidity, I fear that I've been away from the city so long that soon my friends won't remember me, I've had the flu for about 4 days, Ellery has started shrieking in excitement when she hears husbands voice (I hold the phone to her ear when he calls), I didn't brush my teeth today, I just killed a mosquito, I'm feeling lost in my own life these days, Monica is coming down from the Bahamas in July and I can't freaking wait, I really wish I could go to an Ikea store tomorrow, my nose is itchy, and I'm exhausted.

Oh - and how come I blocked out how many times a baby needs to be changed in a day? How did I possibly forget that? It hasn't been that long since I was taking care of a baby all day!

Anyways, that's the scoop on me - I'll be back in the city next week for sure - if my family doesn't kick me out sooner.

9 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Still here, Ali, checking daily.

Glad to hear all is good (except for the dial-up of course).

6 weeks? Wow! Where did that time go? Any chance of more piccies?

You sometimes wonder how something so small can produce so much poop, don't you? Wait till you start on the solids, things get really exciting - or fruit juice! I remember the horror of finding purple poop after one of them had blackcurrant juice!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I miss you girls so much!
It almost brings tears to my eyes when I hear Ellery talk back on the phone.
I can't wait to see you on Sunday!
Give her a kiss for me ok?

10:44 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I love you, I miss you. I can't believe how long it's been since I've seen you!
PLEASE can we get together as soon as you're back!!!
xoxoxo

10:59 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

We would NEVER EVER give up on you Ali!!!! We will be here when you get back...enjoy that country life and time with your family...but it does sounds like The Husband is seriously missing you. His comment almost made ME cry!! Hurry home Ali!! :)

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously... you KNOW we wouldn't give up on you THAT easily. You have a new baby, for crying out loud. It's only right that you should be enjoying her rather than spending too much time entertaining us.

6:47 AM  
Blogger James said...

Hang in there TWM. Your posts are so funny these days- I do believe having a baby has sharpened your wit to a knife edge.
Oh don't forget to take the handcuffs back home with you.

2:38 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I wouldn't think of giving up on you.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I was suddenly reminded of David Soul singing "Don't give up in us baby"...

8:41 AM  
Blogger tz said...

Hey, your die-hard fans will keep checking up on you, hoping for pictures and your very fun ramblings.

It is AMAZING how much those little guys need to be changed...

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home