Sunday, May 11, 2008

You Guys Rock!

Oh man, before I say anything else, I have to tell you all how much I love you! And *ahem* it's an entirely inappropriate amount - like way, way too much :)

Butterbean is not here yet - but will be shortly. Very shortly.

After spending hours in the prenatal assessment unit at the hospital yesterday for my never-ending migraine, they decided it had nothing to do with the pregnancy and sent me home. I had this migraine for 44 hours people. Forty-four hours! By the time we left the hospital I was in tears...blech.
Last night my blood pressure was crazy high, but I decided just to go to bed, since going in to the hospital wasn't getting me anywhere anyways, and I had a fitful night of sleep.

This morning though, they called me and asked me to come in for induction. Husband and I had the fastest showers ever, jumped in the car, and headed to the hospital. We spent 6 hours there today, me getting molested, baby getting monitored, and finally, getting the induction started.

Only thing is they gave me the slower acting stuff, to hopefully ease me into labour, and sent me home. It's a little frustrating, but okay too, because at least things are moving now, yay!

So now we wait.

Either for me to go into labour tonight, or if that doesn't happen, to get a phone call from the hospital again tomorrow morning, where they will have me go back in to stay and give me the harsher stuff. Oddly enough, I'm wondering if Butterbean might actually be born on their due date, which is Tuesday.

Anyhoosers, I've sent husband for a nap to try and get some extra rest for the next couple of days, but I'm all hopped up on adrenaline and can't sleep. Can't wait to be able to post with pictures and details of our beautiful baby! Yay!

And Happy Mother's Day to all the beautiful mommies out there!

24 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Happy Mothers day to you too Ali...

Sending you loads of happy labour dust........

Thinking of all 3 of you....

Cant wait to hear your news.....x

7:08 PM  
Blogger James said...

Good Luck Ali!! You will never forget today. Butterbean will probably look angry. Babies always seem to be angry when they are induced like they were not ready to come out yet...

James

7:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can imagine how frustrating all this waiting is for you! I just have a feeling that the minute you're holding your beautiful bean in your arms, all this frustration will melt away. You're almost there!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Oh honey I am waiting so anxiously for you! I can't wait for this all to be over, so I can come and visit you and Bean!
Love you!
xoxo

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's happening! Ali, your going to get through it well and bubby will be here sooner than you know it.
Wishing you all the best of everything.
Hugs'N'Luv
Lesley

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S AND A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to you Ali...
I was wondering on a Tuesday baby?
All my family was born on Tuesday.
Hope your in and out of hospital soon.
Luv Lesley

10:45 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

It is Monday morning now!

I am so jittery!

Cant't wait for news!

3:34 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Happy Mother's Day to you too!!

I'm with Rock Chef...it's Monday now and maybe you are holding the Bean in your arms???

Love you my friend! Can't wait to hear the news!!

7:39 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to meet butterbean, and set up playdates for our babies!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

*paces back and forth*

maybe today?

10:42 AM  
Blogger krista said...

GOOD LUCK ALI!!!

Hope everything goes eazie, peazie, lemon squeezie!
AND quick as a bunny!

Can't wait to meet little butterbean!

Thinking of you every minute.

xoxo

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday afternoon here and We are thinking of you and hoping that everything went really well and your holding your lil Butterbean right now.
Hugs and love,
Lesley

Can't wait for piccies :-)

11:41 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

tick tock tick tock...
how awesome was that, that it happened (induction) on Mothers Day!
Can't wait to meet her! Or him... it is a her, isn't it? ;)~
praying for you three.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Tuesday afternoon here - running out of finger nails to chew - might have to start on toe nails next, if I can reach...

9:42 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

No news yet? The suspense is killing me!

Sending you lots of good wishes.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I think I've checked your blog about...oh I dunno...a GAZILLION TIMES!!!! :0)

I am SOOOOOOO excited to hear the news...boy?...girl?...name?...ah I can't wait!!

Love you Ali!!! Thinking about you constantly!!

{{HUGS}}

7:19 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

I have no nails left...and a sore butt from sitting here refreshing the page 1000 times...........

LMAO...it's a Leo thing this total lack of patience...

Thinking of you all...

xx

7:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Tuesday evening and we are about to dig into a birthday cake to celebrate my (15 year old) baby's birthday, which is TODAY. And I really want your baby to be born today too! Can't wait to hear your news!!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Wednesday morning here in England, now. Thinking of you!

Hugs!

3:10 AM  
Blogger tz said...

I can't wait to see pics of butter bean...hope all is well and thinking good thoughts for you!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Thursday here.....Hoping everything is ok...

xoxoxox

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leaving you a Thursday Message as well. I hope everything went really well and your feeling a bit more human again..
Can't wait to meet bubby.
Luv Lesley

12:54 AM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

Wednesday here....11:07pm, where is SHE.... OR HIM... but it is a butterbeaniss i am sure....

1:09 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hi everyone - the latest is on Chris's blog:

http://www.itsthemeds.blogspot.com/

2:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home