Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Super Lame Update

Thursday at my weekly check-up my doctor decided that since my blood pressure is continually creeping up, and since my headaches have been getting worse each day, it was time to put me on the induction list. Thank you Dr. R!
But here's the catch - I was on the list for yesterday, but it can be any number of days, depending on what other emergencies come in, the availability of beds, and all that fun stuff. Since it's now 3:15am the following day, you would be correct in guessing that I did not get in for Friday. Booo! So now we wait.
I have to tell you, it's not a fun waiting game. I almost thinks it's worse than just waiting to go into labour naturally. Because now, instead of just watching my body for signs, I'm waiting for my phone to ring, and it could change at any point during the day!

For instance, if they have already called me in the morning and said that today wasn't the day, but they manage to get through all their extreme high risk cases, they can still call me in the afternoon and go "Hey! Now we can take you - get your ass down here." And then I go.
I know, this makes me sound whiny doesn't it?
But it's just as well Friday wasn't the day - I was up most of the night with one shit-kicker of a headache, and it's now evolved into a full blown migraine, still pulsating 24 hours later. I was in bed with the curtains closed and a cold cloth on my head for most of the day yesterday, and even popped as much Tylenol as I could, which I've been trying to avoid.
And for any of you that get migraines, you'll know that it's hard to concentrate on anything else when you have one. I'd rather my head feel better and have a fighting chance of concentrating on labour - because migraines make me incredibly selfish, and unable to think of anything else.
I feel bad for husband too. He's trying to be sweet, and supportive, and helpful, but I'm just kind of at that "irritated at everything beyond any rational thought" stage. But the nurse reminded us that that was normal, and that it would all be over soon.
And it will be, we know. We've just never been patient people...

8 Comments:

Blogger Dodi said...

Good luck! I was induced for medical reasons. The hard part of that for me was (at the hospital I was at) if they induce you have to be on a fetal monitor. They wouldn't let me get up and move around.

However, getting your darling baby here is the most important thing! I remember exactly what holding each of my babies for the first time felt like - and my heart is full of happiness for you!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Ali.....Holy smoke....

Maybe you are in labour right as I post.....

Wishing you everything and then some....

Cant wait to hear your news....

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so very excited for you Ali..
I'm sorry that they couldn't get your bp under control. Better you be induced than get full blown pre-eclampsia. I wonder if your in hospital or still lying in your bed at home...
Don't forget your warm socks!
Hugs'N'much Luv,
Lesley

12:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s.. I know how horrible migraines are and to have to put up with the 24/7 headache... It'll be gone soon (the migraine and headaches) Hugs and more hugs and best wishes for the future..

12:52 AM  
Blogger James said...

Hi Ali,

I sympathise, Laundry Fairy and I have been there (6 times to be exact)....the last few days are always horrible.

Best of luck, I can hardly believe it, it only seems like a month or two since I read you were pregnant.

James

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! It's TIME! Good luck, Ali. I'll be thinking about you and saying a prayer that everything goes perfectly.

4:07 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good luck, Ali!

8:56 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Gulp!! I betcha anything that right now as I type this you are either in labor or holding the precious Bean!!

I have been thinking about you non stop and my heart is so full of happiness for you Ali! A dream come true!!

I love you girl and I know you are going to be just fine thru this...you are strong and at the end you'll have your MIRACLE BABY!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home