Friday, May 02, 2008

Some Stuff I Need to Get Off My Chest

*Warning: I'm feeling particularly surly, hence this whiny, pity-party of a post, so feel free to skip it - it's nauseating.*

1. Why is it near impossible for a restaurant (fast food or otherwise) to cook bacon properly? In a sit-down restaurant I specifically ask for very crispy bacon because I loathe the fatty white part...in my opinion it's better to just char the whole piece. To this day, I usually just get so annoyed when they bring it back just a little less congealed that I say it's fine, then don't eat it.
But fast food restaurants? Blech. It's like they just wave it at the fryer on the way by saying "no time for you, the stupid customers love raw bacon anyways!" It's disgusting.

2. I'm about at the end of my rope with the husband's snoring. I know it's not his fault - he doesn't do it intentionally, he wears nasal strips, he props his head up on two pillows, he uses this gross nasal spray from the doctor...but still he snores.
But now we don't have a spare bedroom, and we also don't have a full size couch in our living room, so it's not like I can just kick him out, or go sleep somewhere else on my own. The other night for the first time ever I broke down in bed after 3 nights of no sleep and actually woke him up with my sobbing.
Tonight, after asking him repeatedly to roll over (by the way, he even snores on his stomach , so position doesn't make much of a difference) and him ignoring me, I finally said "I bet you'd hear me if I punched you in the face..." and surprise! He heard that one - and had no trouble yelling right back at me, so I stomped out and he went back to sleep.
I'm at the end of my rope - it's not his fault, but I can't help but blame him. I figured that when the Bean comes I'd be so tired at night that if I had half an hour to sleep I wouldn't notice his snoring, but I'm beginning to have my doubts...

3. My home visit nurse this week annoys the crap out of me. She's really nice, and tries to be super helpful, but she's one of those amazingly unorganized people that drives me up the wall. I think I may have been spoiled last week when my fantastic, sweetheart nurse would show up between 9:30 and 10, get in and out, and let me get on with my day.
This nurse calls me at about 10, then hopes to get here around 12 or 12:30, then doesn't show up till 1 or 1:30, then has to ask me 200 questions about "my case" because she has me confused with other patients. You're holding my file in your hands for shit's sake!

4. I am impatient beyond belief for Butterbean to get here. It might have to do with the bedrest, but that baby can not get here soon enough. Everyone keeps saying "oh, enjoy this time while you can, you'll never have peace like this again." Well you know what? I don't really like peace and quiet that much, it's not like I'm sleeping anyways, my back aches, my head aches, I'm peeing every hour on the hour, Braxton Hicks plagues me every day, and now real contractions are making themselves known more and more, so bring it on already!

Whew! I feel much better after blabbing about all that...so, I think I'll go have a shower, kick the husband out of the bedroom, and fall refreshed into my big comfy bed until the nurse gets here at about 2 this afternoon.

Hope you all have a wonderful day - and weekend!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're completely entitled to whine and rant. You've got good reason! I wish I could offer some helpful suggestions, but I've got nothing.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sorry, I couldn't help chuckling all the way through that post - poor Chris, being threatened like that :-)

You sound SO like my wife when she got to this stage, just wanting it over and done with.

Sorry to find your misery so entertaining!

Hugs!

9:42 AM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Perfect bacon = Grassmere restaurant on McPhillips just outide the perimeter. Ask for it crispy and ye shall recieve. Best cook breakfast in Winnipeg (and the surrounding areas!!)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

You poor thing...these last few weeks just seem to drag on forever...

x

5:38 PM  
Blogger tz said...

My first one came three weeks early, so when the last one was 1 week late it felt like 4 weeks late and I was MISERABLE....I would even take nicely baked desserts into my doc's office hoping she would induce me early...

if you're thinking about doing that, it doesn't work...those docs are not easily bribed...

hope you feel better soon!

3:16 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

The bacon thing...they cook it all in advance and keep it soggy enough so it won't break. Apparently there are more complaints about broken bacon then there are complaints about soggy bacon.

I like any bacon. Even overdone or burnt bacon.

I like thick cut the best cause I get more bacon.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home