Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Having a Hell Raiser for Tea

One of my girlfriends wants to come by for a visit on Friday. Awesome. Fantastic. Wonderful.

She also has a one month old son that I am itching to get my hands on, so that's even more of a reason for me to want her to visit.

However...she also has a three year old son. He just happens to be hell on wheels. He's not an awesome listener, he's into everything, and to tell you the truth, he's kind of a brat. He's that kid that will punch you in the face, then his mom will say "Hey now, that's not nice..." and that's about it. Then he'll run away and pout, but come back a minute later and do it again.

But hey, if I wouldn't get in trouble for punching someone in the face, I'd probably do it too.

Having people over in general usually stresses me out. I mean, I'm slowly getting over my people will see my messy apartment phobia, but I am nowhere near cured.

Krista and our friend Adrienne are supposed to be coming over for a visit Thursday, but I'm not worried because I know they really don't care about the state of my house. I'm supposed to have a date with Princess sometime this weekend, and though I really wouldn't mind if she came over either, I'll probably suggest we go out, just for the sake of me getting out into the real world for an hour or two, so long as things are looking good on the health front.

But, with my friend recently having a c-section, she'll also be bringing along her mother for help. That's all well and good, but having someones mom hanging around (her mom is 65) is a little dampening on a good girly dish session. And with the hell raiser child around I know he'll be into everything.

Usually when he's coming over I make sure that there is nothing around he can get into - the entire table is cleared, all the plants are out of reach, Ramona is hauled to the bedroom, etc. But since I'm not supposed to be doing any of that stuff, it's causing a bit of a problem.

I feel like a bitch asking her not to come, but I just can't deal with 4 extra people around right now, especially when one of them is a three year old monster with little to no discipline. But she's the sort of person that would get offended if I told her the truth-ish, and she's not really the type of person to take a hint - so besides making something up, I'm not really sure what to do.

Any suggestions?

14 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

1. We can do whatever you want this weekend.

2. Can you not tell her that you're simply not up to entertaining 4 people? But you really want to see her and the baby.....
Or do you really think she just won't get it?

7:08 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Dont you have to go to that appiontment that you made last week?....LMAO...

7:27 PM  
Blogger tz said...

can you suggest mom watch the kiddos and you go out for a girl lunch...use the 'this is the last time we'll probably get to do this in awhile' thing????

or you can put some benadryl in the sippy cup...

:-)

(I'm really just kidding, I've NEVER done that, and don't condone it at all...)

7:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Try this:

*Cough *Cough.... I'b sorry! I'b goig to have to cancel. I'b SICK!

9:27 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

All good suggestions.

The Roald Dahl option would be to tell the little brat that your cupboard is home to a monster that eats naughty children and if he does anything wrong you will lock him in with it!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I have no suggestions other than to tell her that due to your current circumstances...you don't feel up to it but after you have the bean you probably will then she can see him/her too. Only problem then is that the 3 year old will probably want to pick up the bean and poke his/her eyes out and YES I have had this happen!! I had a friend who had no control over her son and he constantly poked Kenzie's eyes with his fingers! I wanted to snap one of his 2 year old fingers! His Mom never told him to stop and yes was not the type to actually follow thru on the discipline either. It's no fun. I've been there. But seriously...your on bedrest for a reason and yours and beans health is way more important than making anyone else 'feel good' or not offended. Just ask to re-schedule the visit. That's my advice. :0)

6:29 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

yeah - you just gotta tell her it won't work out... with the state your in you don't need extra stress...

8:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know you and have never commented, but this post struck me - the situation that you are in. Butterbean needs to be your priority not the mother of a coocoo toddler and the added stress of worrying about nixing plans is not good for either of you. Just reread your last 4 posts and you will know.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

See? When all you intelligent people say it, it seems so obvious!
Of course I need to tell her not to come! It's just me and my stupid not wanting to hurt her feelings that's getting in the way.
All right, I'm canceling - you guys are so smart :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Ali...I do the same thing!! Don't feel bad. You are making the right choice though. Your a Mommy now!!!! Doesn't that have a nice ring to it?? :0)

12:46 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Logzie - nothing could sound sweeter!

1:08 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

**BIG smile**

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol, so that's all sorted then?
Yeah, you need to be stress free, not worrying about the lil one going crazy in your home.. Though later on after the birth the baby's new toys will keep him occupied {evil grin}
Hugs, from me,
Lesley

12:39 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

okay...I'm starting to wonder if you did have that "hellraiser" over and if he tied you and his Momma up and locked you in the closet!!! Where are you girl?? Must I remind you that you are in a fragile state right now and your blogger friends WORRY about you?? You can't go that long without a post and now have atleast me worrying about you!!

Okay...sorry for the scolding but I am seriously concerned. Just pop on and let us know you are okay. ok?

Love you girl!!

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home