Ramblings of a Bed-Rester
2. I finally had a sex dream last night - hallelujah! In between the husband snoring, my stomping out of the bedroom, then going back in to kick him out, I squeezed one in sometime between 3 and 6 am, and it wasn't complicated at all (as in: no flying horses, no babysitting, no barns) yay!
3. I can not believe how many solicitation calls we get in a day! And companies call everyday - sometime like three times! I've been trying to ignore them, but as they wake me up more and more often from a nap, I've begun answering in an incredibly bitchy tone, and being about as un-Catholic as I can get. It's not pretty, but some of them have actually quit calling.
4. I miss my family, my dad in particular. I was upset the other day because he hadn't called me, or been home when I'd called for about 3 weeks. But then, like clockwork, the phone rang and the machine picked up and I heard his voice saying "Hi babe, I guess you're not home, but I just wanted to call and say I love you and that I've been thinking about you..." before I got to the phone. We only talked for about 10 minutes, but it made me so happy. I can not wait to see him with the baby in his arms.
5. What do you get your mom for Mother's Day? This has been a yearly struggle for me with my own mom, and of course, now I have to worry about my mother-in-law too. Usually we pick them up big, beautiful plants from a greenhouse since they both love flowers so much, and then they last all summer - but since we haven't been home in ages, I haven't gotten them anything.
I'm always amazed at the commercials where they advertise getting your mom a complete luggage set, or a new set of dinnerware, or a $300 trip to the spa. First of all, I'm not made of money, and second of all - I can't see my mom feeling particularly loved with a new suitcase...but maybe that's just me.
6. Surprise! I'm tired. And hang on...what's that? Oh yes, I hear my bed calling...