Monday, April 21, 2008

Odds and Ends

Yesterday I watched Lars and the Real Girl. It's a movie about a man that falls in love with a blow up sex doll, and how the community he lives in come to accept it because of how much they love him. I was so disturbed with it at the beginning that I was very close to turning it off, but decided to stick it out. I'm glad I did, it turned out to be incredibly heart-warming, and even a little funny. 4 out of 5 stars.

Each morning I get up, shower, eat breakfast, and wait for the nurse to get here. And then after she leaves...the most bizarre thing happens...I slowly begin to lose my clothing!
It starts with kicking off my slippers, then I lay down and my t-shirt twists around me and gets annoying, so off it comes, then my pants are bunching up around my knees, so they end up on the floor, and before you know it there is no underwear to be found.
It's quite the phenomenon - and it usually takes for me to realize that it's 7:30 and the husband will be home soon, and that because of the shift in light people are going to be able to see inside the house pretty soon, that I realize "Holy crap - I'm naked!" and have to run to the bedroom to put something on. Very peculiar.
And no, this guy doesn't end up wearing my underwear on his head, but I thought the picture was funny...forgive me :)

I thought I was okay with not having any pregnant belly pics of myself. Not the ones I've taken sporadically throughout the months, but really nice ones. It seems I'm not actually okay with it. I think because I'm realizing how quickly my pregnancy is going to be over, I'm starting to get nostalgic. It was a miracle that I got pregnant at all, so the idea that I won't have any pictures I can share with Butterbean of them in my belly is getting to me. I just may have to do it...in the very near future...but man I am a suck...

The new Fratelli's album:
Here We Stand, comes out in June (the day after my birthday) - I am stoked! If you've never listened to them I highly recommend it. Their stuff makes you want to dance and flail and shake your ass till you're dizzy and out of breath.

And that's about it...tomorrow I'm allowed to have a short "outing", to see how my bod and the Bean react. Hopefully I'll have something more exciting to blog about...

4 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I saw that movie recently...at first it was disturbing.

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never heard of that movie. I'm curious to check it out now!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Hm, that was a movie that I was definitely avoiding! Might give it a chance now!

My wife always got agitated with clothes and bed clothes late in pregnancy - I have an enduring vision of her laying naked on the bed mist-spraying herself!

3:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad that you have been getting the rest recommended and you sound pretty stressfree.
Tke your pregnant belly pic or you will later on be wishing that you did. It could be at the start of your baby scrapbook :-)
Take care,
Hugs, Lesley

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home