Thursday, April 17, 2008

So Much for Friday Being the End...

Went to the doctor again today. My blood pressure was up - again. Higher than on Monday. Doctor was not happy, sent me to the women's hospital (which is where Butterbean will be delivered) for monitoring. Blood pressure got checked every 15 minutes - stayed higher than usual (but not too alarming yet)

So I'm on bedrest. Blech. So much for finishing out the week at work, then spending the next few weeks finishing little things, going for lunch, and having some last minute fun. Now I'm confined to the house, and more often than not, bed.

Starting tomorrow I have a neo-natal health nurse coming to the house to check my blood pressure and check in on me. Then she'll be here everyday till next Thursday when I get to leave the house to go to the hospital (oh, woohoo) to get another assessment, measure up Butterbean and I to make sure I can actually deliver them, then off to my doctor's office for my weekly checkup.

The nurse told me today that if my blood pressure stabilizes a bit then they'll only have to come every 2 days...until the baby is born. If it doesn't stabilize I'll be admitted to the hospital to keep me there till Butterbean arrives, and if it gets too high they're going to induce me. Sheesh. Can I do nothing without drama?

Apparently this baby has been blessed (or hindered, depending on how you look at it) with not doing anything quietly as per their mother - so I guess it's payback time for me.

One good thing though? I pouted in the hospital about missing my goodbye lunch at work tomorrow, and the nurse called my doctor and sweet talked her into letting me go, so long as I go for lunch and get my ass right back home - yay!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you get to go for your good-bye lunch. I agree that bedrest probably won't be the most exciting thing you'll ever do, but Butterbean will appreciate that you're doing this for their health!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

So glad that you are seeing a nurse eveyday...

Hope you took your camera to your good by lunch....I am dying for belly updates...

Have you got Beans room ready yet ?

6:54 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I delivered 2 of my babies at 38 weeks and 1 at 37 weeks. You are pretty much in the safe zone if you do have to deliver early. (I'm sure you already know that) The bright side to this is that you might possibly get to skip the most miserable part of your pregnancy...I was always glad for that!

Anyway, get your rest and relax while you can. I am so excited!!!

8:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

High bp is a worry but with the bedrest it should hopefully do the trick. Don't cheat on the bedrest ok...
Hope you enjoyed your farewell party.
Hugs and take it easy, as per instructed..
Lesley

3:22 AM  
Blogger tz said...

I was on bed rest for my second...we got a maid and my friends took the toddler at the time for play dates...

You can get some books you've been meaning to read, some good movies on DVD, some great web and blog surfing done...because when butterberan comes a lot of those things will be a thing of the past and you'll wonder why bed rest was a 'bad' thing...:-)

hang in there and good luck!

5:52 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Hey you - We are all sad here at work that you had to leave a day early, but - bed rest is important, and hey, just think, daytime TV would be even more boring on those tiny hospital TV's - so at least you're only confined to your house :) - Now is your chance to catch up to me on movie watching! hehe

6:56 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Clare was hospitalized for the last 2 weeks with our first baby. Like you, she does not take well to enforced idleness!

Still, you only have do as you are told for a little while!

Thinking of you all!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

I couldn't help but notice you've been pluralizing the baby... does this mean more than one?

*gets extremely giddy*

Keep my niece and nephew healthy Ali! (that's right, you have my prediction now!)

2:56 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Get a comic book and flashlight and read under the sheets.

Rest my friend.

And blog.

5:14 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Terri - Yeah...Butterbean is worth it :)

SIS - Bean's room is ready, unfortunately you can't see it yet because it absolutely SCREAMS the gender - sorry hehe.

Logziella - I have to admit I wouldn't be terribly upset if they came early...but maybe that's me being selfish...

Lesley - I'm trying not to cheat, but it's hard...

tz - my maid is my husband - lol!

Zig - I will never catch up to you in the movie watching department, you're years ahead of me!

Rock Chef - Yet another thing Clare and I have in common, thanks for the love!

Mike - I swear there is only one!

Reggie - That is a fantastic idea!

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home