Tuesday, April 15, 2008

mishmash

I swear to God I saw Sammy Davis Jr. downtown waiting for the bus this morning. He was wearing an old ski jacket and a red and black striped toque, but I'm sure it was him.

I haven't slept more than about 2 hours a night in the past week. The husband is wearing his nasal strips (FYI - the last missing one was found on his boxers in the morning, which were laying on the floor, lol) but is still snoring. I'm thinking it might have something to do with spring/allergy season making it's appearance but I can't be sure.

At my doctor's appointment yesterday she found that my blood pressure was up, and noticed swelling in my feet and hands - which has been happening the past week or two - and sent me for all sorts of fun tests. I have to go back on Thursday for more tests, and she wasn't impressed to find out about how many headaches I've been having. Then she gave me the lecture about going home and resting everyday, that I need to be putting my feet up and all that junk.

On a similar note, everyone else in my life keeps telling me that I'm not resting enough too. And I do realize that I have someone else to think about besides myself, but do you know how hard it is for me to relax? Sitting around has never been one of my strong points. And even if I can force my body to lay down, my brain never shuts off, so I'm exhausted one way or another.

I am having one of those days when I alternate between bitchy and happy - sort of like split personalities. I've been entertaining ideas of punching a certain person at work's eyes out, just for kicks. I seem to have a lot of pent up anger these days.

Yeesh - that sounded a little scary, didn't it? Rest assured I just need a good night's sleep. I'm showing the not so attractive twin of my Gemini self today.

The other day when the husband and I were walking around Osborne Village (a funky little part of Winnipeg with some cool but expensive stores) we found one of the funniest t-shirts ever. It had a picture of a big hamburger on it, and there was a bubble about the hamburger's face that said "I want to be inside you" - the husband and I laughed pretty hard at that.

That's it...I need a nap.

8 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

LOL Re Sammy Davis Jr...you sure you were not dreaming !...

Hope the test results come back ok, be sure to let us know....

I have a great trick for snoring the sleep clinic over here told me about it. All you need to do is sew a tennis ball via a small pocket onto the back of one side of the shirt.

This stops them from sleeping flat on there backs and when they feel the ball in their sleep they roll over...

Are you laughing LMAO ?

6:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a guess, but I'm thinking Sammy Davis Jr. could be directly related to your lack of sleep.

I wish I had seen that t-shirt!

6:46 PM  
Blogger tz said...

Is he still alive?

And one month, how exciting.
I have a snoring hubby too...and all I can say is...
I'm sorry,
maybe sleep in the other room for a couple of nights because this is the home stretch and you need some rest!

ok, i know you keep hearing that, i just can't help myself sometimes

7:51 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

That t-shirt sounds great!

GET SOME REST!!!!!!!

Even if you can't sleep, just sitting with your feet up, watching movies, reading or playing guitar would all be good. How about you get a book of childrens songs and learn to play some of them?

3:39 AM  
Blogger Judy said...

Has Chris been tested for sleep apnea??

7:46 AM  
Blogger James said...

I thought Sammy Davis Jr was no longer with us...I can't believe you have only 27 days to go Ali!!
A May baby..is that Aries or what?

Good Luck,

James and Laundry Fairy xx

8:28 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

SIS - I've heard about the tennis ball thing too - only problem is he snores on his back, side, stomach - maybe I could just shove the ball in his mouth?!? LOL!

Terri - I'm thinking Sammy may have been a figment of my imagination too...you know, considering he's dead and all - :)

TZ - I WISH I could sleep in the other room! The only thing is that the other room is now hosting a crib, and no bed...

Rock Chef - That is a freaking awesome idea! Must learn some children's songs for Ramona!

Judy - I looked up the definition of sleep apnea and it doesn't seem to be the problem. He didn't snore until he had his back surgery, apparently when they intibated (sp?) him they damaged his throat somehow...

James - I've missed you! And yeah, Sammy's no longer with us...I was just hallucinating apparently :) The baby will be a Taurus...needless to say there should be some fireworks between them, myself and the husband, who is an Aries - never a dull moment anyways!

4:25 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Well, my daughter who I did the "talking back" post about is a Taurus too...

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home