Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Some Random Things

I just watched the ticket guy that I had the "discussion" with a few weeks ago give two more cars tickets. I called him names and flicked him off from my third floor office window.

As of yesterday I can no longer do up any of my pre-pregnancy jeans. I pulled them on as I was running out the door, and stopped dead in my tracks when I realized that the two pieces of fabric were about 1.5 inches apart. I stopped and looked down at them, thinking I had picked up a pair of husband's jeans instead (aka - no hip jeans) but was shocked to see that they were, in fact, mine.
I let out a gasp followed by a loud wail. *sigh* I guess I had to grow out of them sooner or later.

If I am lucky enough to be blessed with another pregnancy in the future, I will tell no one that I know the sex of the baby should we decide to find out again. Us knowing that information has been more hassle than I expected.
My parents are irritated that we know because they think we'll slip and then they'll know - they want it to be a surprise.
Husband's parents are irritated because we won't tell them - they want to be able to buy either pink or blue right NOW!
I finally freaked on my parents last time I was home - it seems that several people had been congratulating my dad on me having a baby boy. He had a hissy fit because he took that to mean that we had slipped to Chris' parents and that they were telling people.
I have told them a million times that no one knows the sex of the baby - they still don't seem to believe me.
Husband finally freaked on his last night, after his mom told me she "would never forgive me for this" because I still won't tell her. She says that everyone she talks to says I'm being entirely unfair, to which I replied that I would just have to deal with that.
He told her that her not knowing now is no different than if we had never found out, so to get over it already.
We'll see if any of them bring it up again. I'm about ready to tell them that because of them all being such assholes about it that we won't be bringing the baby to see them anyways, so what's the difference.

I have slowly started to get rid of things in my office. I can't bear to do it all at once.

As you all know, the husband snores. And snores and snores and snores. And there is no longer a bed in the other bedroom for me to kick him out to, so he's resorted to wearing Breathe Right strips on his nose.
He has this bad habit of waking up in the middle of the night and peeling the strips off his nose - the end result being that we find them in the sheets, on the bedside table, stuck to our socks, etc. This morning when I went to wake him up he was having a hard time making himself get out of bed, but I finally found him sitting on the edge of the bed with his eyes closed. I flicked on the light and started to laugh - his strip was stuck to the middle of his forehead!
Poor husband, in a sleepy stupor with his eyes still closed, and me peeling the strip off his head, laughing hysterically. It was a good pick-me up for the morning.

I am on a yogurt kick. Mmmmm, yogurt - especially the Yoptimal Peach and Mango blend. Mmmm, I want some now.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe anyone is upset that you won't reveal the sex of the baby! I didn't know the sex of any of mine when I was pregnant and not long before my pregnancy years, it was rare for people to know ahead of time. None of my babies suffered as a result of not having enough pink or blue clothing. Seriously!

7:21 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

We never knew the sex of our babies, although we were considered strange because it was all the rage at the time. I can't believe you are getting such a tough time over this, though! Tell them you are going to need heaps of white, green and yellow baby-grows!

Yoghurt is good! Eat up! And don't worry about the jeans, you will be back into them in no time.

3:25 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Wow, the "I will never forgive you..." comment was pretty crazy - I that was my mother-in-law I'd tell her that I'd never forgive her for that comment! - geesh!

9:08 AM  
Blogger tz said...

People get so freaky about stuff like that...my husband wanted to know and I didn't so for fathers day I had the doc print out a picture of the ultrasound, put it in a sealed envelope and I gave it to hubby with the understanding he could not tell me or anyone else...

I had a couple friends come unglued...had no idea it would be such an issue.

people are weird

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not telling the sex of the baby to anyone is right up there with the not telling anyone the name you choose for the baby. Once people know the name you have chosen for the baby and you share it with them before the baby comes they have an opinion on wheather it's a good name or a crappy name.
BUT if they find out in the hospital when they come to see the new bubs they all LOVE the name even if you had of chosen to call the baby "potato sack". People can be truly idiotic about it.
mmm, yoghurt... Enjoy

10:47 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Gee some people need to pull there heads in...

For what it is worth...we found out the first two times and never told a soul either...but I sure know what you mean abouting the carry on...

Never mind...we all dont have long to wait...YIPEEEEEEEEEEEE...

Can you tell I am a little excited ?

2:23 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

You guys rock! I am so glad it's not just me being irrational...

And TZ - welcome!

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home