Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dear Husband,

Happy 30th Birthday!
I just wanted to let you know how much I love you.

Even though we're still quite young, we've been together a long time, and those days when I feel as though I couldn't love you more? The very next day - I do.


Watching you anticipate the arrival of Butterbean makes my heart melt into a goopy puddle at my feet. I never expected you to be quite so excited, and it makes me realize just how wonderful a father you are going to be.
I love how you remind me on a daily basis that we are having a baby, as though I might forget unless you keep telling me. And when you talk about watching Bomber practices on your day off, you in your jersey, and Butterbean in their itty-bitty one. I love when you talk about how life will be with them at birth, when they're 2, or 6, or 10. And I love how even though you cringe, you manage to laugh when you think of your beloved tv being smeared with dirty little handprints.

I watch you go to work everyday with little twinges of pain, but then come home limping. You are constantly apologizing to me for that - why? It seems you feel guilty for being in pain, which I can never quite understand. Do I wish I could make you feel better? Definitely. Do I cry sometimes at the amount of pain you're in? You know it. But do I think you're one of the toughest people I know? Hell yes. You deal with that kind of pain better than I expect most people would, and you should never feel bad about how you're feeling.

And...you know, you deal with me so well when I (insert sarcasm here) have the occasional, rare mood swing. When most sane people would have left me for being such a loony toon by now, you continue to hang around, which I have to admit, surprises me sometimes because of how dramatic I can be.
All of these things just reinforce what I have known since we got together almost 14 years ago, that you are the one for me, that I can depend on you all my life, that you will be a wonderful father, and that there is no one better for me than you.
Have a wonderful day, and I can't wait to see you when you get home tonight.

Alison

P.S. You have been snoring since your head hit the pillow - is your nasal strip already stuck somewhere unmentionable?

6 Comments:

Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Happy Birthday.....

Hope you guys had a wonderful day together....

LMAO @nasal strip...did ya find it ?

x

2:19 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Happy Birthday, Chris!

It does not surprise me AT ALL how excited he is about Butterbean. Back when things were not looking so good I knew exactly what sort of father he would be - totally devoted and amazing - which made me pray all the harder for you both.

You may be right - a lesser man might well have bailed out on you by now, but that lesser man would not have deserved you in the first place would he!

Have a great day, both of you - hope you got him some awesome presents!

3:09 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Put some duck tape over that strip. Wrap it around his head.

Happy birthday Chris.

Nice post Ali.

4:36 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Thanks baby. This blog made me blush a little.

I'm very excited about the Bean and their little jersey, but more excited just to walk around, showing the two of you off!

I love you and junk.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

you two are too darn cute! only 30? and just now having a baby? good thinking and perfect timing. Happy Birfday to you! And many more...

1:26 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

SIS - NO idea where that strip ended up, I can only imagine...

Rock Chef - Awwwww!

Reggie - Fabulous idea, must try that. Now...how am I going to get him to let me near him with duct tape...hmmm.

Chris - you too and junk.

Jahooni - To me he looks like he's 12...hehe. No wait! That makes me sound pervy! He looks at least 18!!!

2:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home