Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life as of Late

Since I took my camera home for the Easter weekend you would naturally assume I would have a bunch of pictures to show you. While I do have a few - they don't have anything to do with Easter...apparently just because one remembers to bring her camera somewhere specifically for the purpose of picture taking does not actually mean she will remember to take said pictures. Ahem.

These are two of my nieces. Not my blood relative nieces, but nieces just the same. I went to school with their mom, Rachel, and we've remained close enough that all 4 of her kids call me Auntie Ali. When I went to visit this past weekend only these two of the girls were home - Alia, 5.5 months, and Taylor, 9 years.
The coolest thing about this? Alia was named partially for me, so that they could call her Ali. She is quite possibly the best baby I have ever met in my entire life. And definitely not because she was named for me - but as an example, she sat on my knee on Saturday for 5 hours, smiling and banging her hands on the table, completely content.
Now, her 3 year old sister Taryn on the other hand is a holy terror, who both of her parents refer to as "my child from another mother." She is wild and crazy and full of attitude, and I love her. But I love the other 3 just as much.

Last week, the husband's best friend Mike came into the city for a quick overnight to take care of some personal stuff. While he was here the two of them went out to "rent a movie" and came back with Rockband (Mike's purchase) - the new game for most of the systems where you can play guitar, drums, or sing like you're in a real band.
The husband was giddy with excitement as he's been talking about this game for months. I do get why he wants it as it's a pretty cool idea, but those huge instruments in an apartment with a baby? Possibly not the best combination.

And finally, it seems I've turned into the chubby kid. That's not to say that I was particularly willowy before I got pregnant, but now it's official. I've gained 17 pounds so far, which at just over 33 weeks is not too bad, but every bit of it has settled directly at the bump.

A few weekends ago while the husband and I were doing stuff around the house I was wearing one of his t-shirts. Most people would think that was a good idea - you know, it would be all loose and comfy. Ha! Not on me! If I pulled it right down it barely covered my belly, and in truth it just sat part way down, with about 4 inches of skin sticking out of the bottom. The husband was teasing me because I kept saying I felt like the fat kid at camp.

In truth though, I've been wearing both maternity and regular clothes, which seem to be fitting me as well, they're just a little more snug.

But the other day I pulled on one of my favourite button-up shirts. It's cute and plaid and has sort of a modern day cowgirl feel...and...well, um...just look...
Needless to say, this shirt has been retired until the Bean makes an appearance.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those kids are adorable. Look at that smile on Taylor. She's going to cause her parents some worry when she starts dating!

My kids have been talking about Rock Band, and to tell the truth, I would LOVE to have it, but I have the same concerns as you. We simply have too much stuff in our house already to add a set of instruments to the clutter.

I am seeing more and more pregnant women just buying different styles or slightly bigger sizes rather than maternity clothes. I think it's a great idea. You can wear that stuff right after the baby's born until you're back in your regular clothes. Trust me, you're not going to want to even look at maternity clothing once the baby comes because you'll be SO sick of it!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Mike said...

awe... by the looks of my shirt stretching out too... I'm the chubby kid too....

I can't even be cute and say "but I'm pregnant!"

all I got is... "but I'm obese!"

Great pics btw

10:05 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ah, you are growing well! Of course you are now hitting the main growth spurt, so be prepared for more gaps!

That game looks quite good - for a moment I thought Chris had got an electric drum kit! Did I see Chris mentioning his birthday on his blog...

11:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I love that shirt.
You look so adorable, and I can't wait to get Butterbean here.








And Rockband?;)

5:59 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

okay it's a boy for sure! you are way out front and that pokey point is all boy! cute pic.

gosh darn it and here I thought butterbean was a girl, and then i thought twins but now boy!

hee hee **giggles**

12:02 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

LOVE that shirt picture!!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

PMSL...Oh I love the belly and shirt photo....just beautiful...

Sounds like you guys had a great time....

Rock ONNNNNNNNNNNN...

4:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home