Friday, March 14, 2008

Butterbean in 3 and 4D

Last night the husband and I went back to the private clinic where we originally had ultrasound pictures of Butterbean done in December.

We had decided to splurge on getting another dvd and loads more pictures, only this time in 3 and 4D. Since this might be our only baby, and we worked so hard to get them, why not? Butterbean is worth it.

So off we went last night, where the sex of the baby was confirmed without a doubt, but where the bean decided that beyond that, they weren't willing to be so cooperative. First the cord was around the face, then once we were poking at them to try and nudge them out of their little hiding spot, they put their hands up and that was it. No matter that I stood up and walked around, twisted, bent over, poked, begged, and prodded, that baby decided that they had had enough, and to hell with us.

The woman there is such a doll though, that she's letting us go back for another 1/2 hour session on Tuesday, just to try to get some better pictures. Free of course.

So here our a few pictures of our beloved miracle baby - who of course we think is the cutest thing since...well, ever.

The husband was very excited to see that the baby has my lips, and I was equally excited to see that they have his nose, instead of my little turned up one.


I'll leave you with those, have a warm and wonderful weekend!

13 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Damn! That is unbelievable. Fantastic.

4:50 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ooooooooooohhhhh!

Wow! I wish scans had been that good when we were having our kids!

I think you are both right, I can see a bit of each of you there!

Thanks for posting these!

4:51 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

that is crazy awesome!!!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how clear those pics are! That's amazing! Butterbean is adorable!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Bowering said...

Hi there, I read your blog all the time, I'm friends with Zig, your 3D pics are great, I have to say we had 3D scans of our twins when we had fetal assessments and now I put the picture beside their face and its unbelievable how alike they are with their pics.
Congrats to you

1:01 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Oh...What a little sweetie...I am banking on GIRL....after seeing the pictures...

Just beautiful..

4:14 AM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

WHAT? TWO? WHAT? butterbean is butterbeans? WHAT?
did i miss something during this journey?

I am almost in tears for you. I always wanted to have that done (4-d, 3-d, etc) but that didn't happen 8 years ago!

twins? WHAT? OMGOSH... YOU... OMGOLLY!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

wait, is it two or one or WHAT? it is a boy i know... but is that a sister, let me go back and read again! ;)!

10:59 PM  
Blogger Jahooni said...

top one is the boy and the bottom one is the girl...

11:01 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Jahooni - whoa! Slow down! Deep breath - no, there is only ONE baby in there. I absolutely promise.
Just different shots of the same Butterbean :)
And the boy or girl issue is still a secret, though we had confirmation the other day...

11:04 PM  
Blogger Judy said...

Precious!!!! Brings tears to my eyes.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Amos said...

Wow, that is AMAZING! Beautiful Baby.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Oh wow, that is so amazing!!! It really does look like a little person just waiting to get out.
I cannot wait to meet Butterbean!!!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home