Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2007, I Bid You Adieu

So...long time no post. Hehe. I decided what better way to get back on the blogging bandwagon than to start up again on the first day of 2008 with a reflection on the past year?

2007 was such an odd year for me. Often times it felt so uneventful - as though nothing significant was happening - kind of lackadaisical and monotone. Not the way I like my life to be.

Then other times it felt like if was moving so quickly and with such force that all I wanted was for it to slow down and let me off.

I've had the past few days to ponder and reflect on 2007, and decided that it was a contradiction of one of the best and worst of my life.

I spent the first part of it with a broken heart and a battered body, then got to experience some of the most amazing and wonderful love of my lifetime from friends and strangers alike.

I found out I was pregnant again, and have spent the past 5 months in awe and disbelief that the body I thought would continue to betray me, in fact allowed me to conceive.

I realized that I often take my husband for granted, something I never thought I would do. It is only recently, watching him again suffer from the pain in his back, but come home after a day on his feet to greet me, make me dinner while my tired, pregnant butt lay on the couch, then crawl into bed with me to listen about my day, read my tummy a bedtime story, then whisper that he loves Butterbean and I before falling asleep and waking up to do it all again the next day.

I've come to appreciate my friends more, both the flesh ones and the internet ones. I have some amazing people in my life, that's for certain.

I've tried very hard to remember that a messy house is not something to stress about. What my mom says is true - people don't come to visit to see how messy your house is, they come to see you. Sadly, I may have learned this lesson a little too well as I survey the mess around me.

And one of the greatest things I've learned it that no matter how hard I may try, and how much I might resist or long for something, I just can't control everything. Oh sure, I can decide to wear these jeans over those ones, I can chop my hair all off any time I want, I can choose to work hard at my job or to slack and get myself fired, but for the really important things, I just have to take them as they come.

That was proven to me once again yesterday, when the husband and I got to watch our healthy baby stretch out and do some acrobatics at my 21 week ultrasound.

What's meant to be will be.

So goodbye 2007 and hello 2008! It's going to be a wonderful year.

4 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

Great post!!!! -

and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! yay!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You don't take me for granted, I think it's the other way around...

I love you. It WILL be a better year.

Woo Hoo 2008!!

5:07 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

What a lovely post, all the best for an amazing 08!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

2008...the year of the Butterbean! I can't wait!!!!

How are you feeling?

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home