Friday, July 06, 2007

I Feel Good...Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah

I am in one kick-ass, wonderful mood today.
Why that is I'm not particularly sure. I just feel at peace with the world and myself today.
It is a beautiful, sunny day, I should be getting off work around noon today (along with everyone else) because today is our annual office pig roast.
All employees and their families meet at someones house outside of the city and eat and drink and socialize all night. The husband and I will be going out with Zig and Alyssa, and since I plan on having a few beverages, if my husband decides to do the same then we will crash in their basement tonight. It should be a blast.
Tomorrow will be fairly slow moving I'm sure, in light of the fact that we will be "socializing" tonight, then the husband works a night shift. I will be heading out to hang out with some friends of ours, to watch UFC and socialize with a different group of people.
Sunday the husband will spend the day sleeping, and I plan on meeting up with Princess for lunch and an afternoon of shopping.
And, of course, I will spend my spare moments practicing Ramona. My newly re-kindled love for her is burning very brightly, even more so than when I got her.
I'm also working on the piece I plan on submitting for the father/daughter book. (Remember a while ago when that author - Gregory Lang - asked me to submit something?) When I was home this past weekend my dad and I had a very moving, in-depth talk about what I should write about.
By the end of the conversation there was no question. I'm writing about the greatest life lesson my dad has ever taught me. I can't tell you how both difficult and easy it is to write so far. It's easy because I have so many words; as soon as I start to write it just comes pouring out. But at the same time it's hard to do, because I'm worried that what I end up with won't do justice to the love and appreciation I have for all my dad has taught me.
Regardless, I'm so thankful for the chance to do it, and I know my dad will be happy with whatever I write.
So yeah, back to my fabulous mood.
It's weird really, I'm feeling tired and I even have a bit of a headache - but I have this big dorky smile on my face and I feel happy right down to the tips of my dirty little toes.
(My toes are dirty because I was at baseball last night, and I was wearing flip flops, and I was walking across the diamond, and I got diamond dust in them, and I'm wearing those flip flops today and now my toes are dirty - awwwww).
So, to all my lovely, amazing, much-loved blogger friends...have a wonderful weekend!

7 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Just write the article as it comes to you, straight from the heart - like when you blog, I guess. Your love for your dad is clear for all to see. If you try too hard and fiddle too much, then there is the danger that what you say will look contrived.

Hog roast - sounds great!

10:18 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

In my best Brian Regan impression, "You too!" :D

1:24 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I have gone 11 days without shoes, just flip flops. I can't begin to scrub my feet clean at night.

Yesterday Peach Pod and I were discussing all you blog people. Women read so much more into blogs than men do.

I'm so glad you are going to write the book entry about your Dad.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Princess Banter said...

Sounds like one kick-ass weekend ;) Do enjoy!

4:46 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I'm very excited about seeing you tomorrow :)

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with John. All of your writing seems to be straight from the heart and you should do the same for your father-daughter story. You come across as uninhibited and with a zest for life and that will make for a wonderful story.

9:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops - I meant, "I agree with Rock Chef!" That's going to take some getting used to!

9:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home