Monday, June 18, 2007

A Wedding to Remember

This past weekend's wedding festivities were fantastic! I expected the whole thing to be fun, but that I would have to fake a little bit of the fun. Monica and I don't really know the other 6 girls very well so I was worried the camaraderie would be a bit forced.
Thankfully it was very relaxed and lots of fun. Turns out that almost all the other girls are just as hyper and crazy as we are - which meant for three days of laughter, dancing, drinking, tears (happy ones) and happiness.
Monica and I have been getting to hang out a lot, which is great. Janelle (the bride) was surprisingly calm and therefore was much like her usual self - which, when combined with Monica and I, equals one really loud trio of girls.
Janelle and her brother Jeff, practicing some dance moves the night before the wedding.

Monica and I - looking nice and greasy and slightly intoxicated after a long day of decorating on Friday. She'll hate me for posting this picture - but in her defense, she tried to look stupid on purpose.
This is Jeff again with two of the other bridesmaids - Meagan and Lisa.
Friday night we went out to the bar after decorating to burn off some steam. Lucky Jeff, he was the only guy there surrounded by five bridesmaids.
Me in one of the wedding cars on the wedding day. There are other pictures coming, I promise, but most of them are on other people's cameras so I don't have them yet.
Janelle and her dad during their father/daughter dance.
Me and Monica at the head table. A much better picture of her that shows how pretty she really is.

I probably had more fun at this wedding than most others I've been to - the day was great, the dress turned out to be gorgeous, the other girls were lots of fun , Monica was around, Chris was in a fabulous mood, the dj played awesome music and I only sat down for about 3 songs. Any reception that plays that good of music has to be fantastic.

Oh, and I met Ali Kat! I was outside the church after the wedding - saw this girl walk out and was like "I know that girl from somewhere...who is she?" Then it hit me like a bolt of lightning and I walked right up to her and started yapping. Thank god she didn't think I was a lunatic. Though, she might have later on when she saw some of the moves me and the other girls were busting out at the reception.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures of the bride and groom, or of the husband and I to post, but I've already put out a request to other people that were taking pictures. So there will be more.

Now I've got a couple more days off to spend with Monica before she heads back to the Bahamas - but I love you all and can't wait to get back to each of your lives.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Sounds like a truly fab weekend! Must have been the best looking wedding party for a long tine!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

I am so glad you are getting to spend time with your best friend!

Hi Bahamma Mamma!! :0)

The wedding sounds like fun too! I love weddings!!!!

9:46 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Hello Monica! :D

And that Jeff guy was pretty lucky.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home