Monday, June 25, 2007

Sometimes Little Brothers Are Awesome

Last night the husband left for the night shift, and said goodbye for the week, as he is finishing his shift this morning and driving straight to Ontario for his fishing trip with my dad and little brother. Actually - younger, but bigger brother, he grew about 6 inches in 4 months.
So after the husband left I had my MSN Messenger open, and was strutting around the apartment, cleaning up, doing laundry and watching tv.
At about 9pm Messenger dinged to let me know someone wanted to chat and it was my brother Matthew. We chatted away about his exams and his little chickie Catharine, and about the fishing trip, then I finally said I had to go because I was in the middle of doing laundry.
He said okay and we began our goodbyes. I've told you before what a cool kid I think my brother is turning out to be, but one thing that makes him cool is that he always tells me he loves me and gives me a kiss before I leave. (It makes up for all the wrestling and ass kicking that goes on when we visit.)
So, not to disappoint, he signed off with this little green alien that smiles and then holds up a sign saying "I love you".
It made me smile right down to my toes. For being 15 - that's pretty cool to me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

That is a great relationship you have there. My little brother is 10 years younger than me but we were never very close when we were younger. We get on great now, though.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

That's so awesome Ali!!!

Your brother sounds like quite a guy to be so sweet at 15 like that!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

That's so sweet- I don't think I've ever told my bro that I love him...I should go do that!

9:33 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

aaaaawwwwwweeeeeee :D

10:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome brother. My brothers love me but they show it differently. They do it by calling me wierd names and telling my kids to tell me they said I was ugly.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Peach Pod said...

I've honored you with an award. Check it out: http://peachesandpurls.blogspot.com/2007/06/ive-been-doubled-tagged.html

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home