Friday, June 22, 2007

A Million Little Thoughts

-I'm on a reading kick and have been engrossed in a different book nearly every night.
-My apartment was so clean...now it is back to being a mess.
-I'm feeling a little lost in every aspect of my life lately.
-I'm kicking myself for not calling Reggie on his birthday. I kept saying "I'll do it in a little while" and before I knew it, it was Friday.
-I got my ass kicked at work today - that has been happening a lot lately. Not that I've really been doing anything wrong, it just seems that shit runs downhill...right to where I'm sitting. It sucks.
-I haven't played Ramona in about a week and a half. For some reason I look at her and can not make myself pick her up. I'm going to force myself to do it in about half an hour.
-I'm worried about Krista. She is going through so much crap right now and it makes me sad that her light is not shining as brightly as it could be. I love you Krista - I wish I could make things better for you.
-I bought another plant for my house. I killed Francois, unintentionally of course. I think this new plant will be called Martin - I know the husband likes that name.
-Tomorrow night I'm going out for a few drinks with the group. Sadly, the husband will be working, but Princess has agreed to be my date.
-I have been a bad friend and not returned phone calls and emails to a bunch of my friends. That isn't very nice of me.
-I'm feeling a little defeated in the baby department. I don't know what to do anymore and I'm sick of thinking about it - it's hard not to though.
-I miss Monica. Something fierce.
-It's my dad's birthday tomorrow. He will be 53 years old. I love my daddy.
-I bought a lot of new clothes when I was on holidays this week. Every day is like a fashion show. I even bought a pair of camo shorts, which I swore I would never do. They are the cutest thing.
-Sometimes the husband makes me laugh so hard that my stomach hurts. It's worth the pain though - a big belly laugh always makes me feel better.
-I am having a hard time writing in my blog lately. I keep thinking that every idea is lame and that no one would want to read about it. I'm so dumb sometimes, who cares if no one reads it?
-It's raining right now, but the rain is warm. I want to be outside sitting in the rain, holding hands with someone. Sigh.
-I feel sleepy. I think I will take a nap before Chris gets home from work.
-Have a fabulous weekend everyone and I'm sorry if this blog was too weird.

8 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Honey your life has been CRAZY the past few weeks...no wonder you haven't had time for Ramona, or blogging, or plants or emails etc etc.
Hopefully things will relax a bit now and you can just sit back and enjoy the summer!

11:03 AM  
Blogger j.k.a said...

I love that you name your plants too! I took things a step further and made name tags for all mine to wear...lol! R.I.P Francois:(

And don't worry about people not wanting to read your blog if it's 'wierd', or not liking it if you're not always posting happy ramblings. A blog is for YOU, before everyone else, but you do a great job of expressing yourself in all your moods.

(HUGS)

12:47 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I had a feeling that you might call even if you didn't. Isn't that weird? All we did last time was giggle at each other on the phone.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Oy! Leave it to you guys to make me feel better about being a slacker (though a very busy slacker). Thanks.
j.k.a. - all my plants have name tags too...at the office I have Priscilla, Anthony DeSilva, Pepper, Justin, and Lily, all with name tags. You rock for being so silly too!
Reggie I wish so much that I would have called, but just you wait, one of these months I'm going to focus long enough to actually dial the phone!

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved this post. It's not weird at all! I know what you mean though, about thinking that you have to write something that suits everyone else. You shouldn't worry though. You're a great writer.

9:31 AM  
Blogger krista said...

Thank you for thinking of me Ali! I love you too. I've been sitting outside all weekend so maybe the sun will absorb into me and make my light brighter! Write for yourself and don't worry what others will think (harder to do than say though). There's always people reading, sometimes they want to comment but don't have the words. Maybe we need a code word to write when we don't know what to say but want to comment...we'll have to work on that!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Are camo shorts "in" now? I've see several ladies sportin' the camo-shorts this past week.

6:40 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Well I have been seeing camo shorts everywhere lately - but they are always something I swore I would never wear.
I think it has to do with my husband being in the army and having such a distaste for civilians wearing it - I dunno.
Regardless, I bought them, and they are super cute - even he admits that. ;)

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home