Monday, April 23, 2007

Misery Loves Company

This morning started out as a pretty happy day. The sun was shining, I liked my hair, I found the earrings I wanted, I got out of the house on time, etc.
I was crazy busy all morning, but it was that kind of busy where you're getting a lot done, so you don't mind the craziness.

At about 8:15 though, things took a turn for the worse...
I was supposed to go to lunch with the gang - but told them just after 8 that I had to bail because of an appointment at the bank to sign some papers. I was not let off the hook for this. In fact, there was a lot of pouting and noses in the air from both Krista and Zig...where they learned that from I have no idea.
So, in the middle of all the chaos I was getting snubbed and threatened, and trying to figure out how I was going to get my list of crap done this afternoon. I soon realized that it just wasn't going to happen, and that no matter how much I explained myself, my excuses for ditching on lunch were just not going to suffice.

Just before 12 the husband picked me up and we made our way to the bank, signed our stuff, and grabbed a bite, then he dropped me off about an hour later - just before everyone else came back from lunch. But as soon as those elevator doors closed and I was on my way up, I became grumpy. Why that was, I don't really know, but boy was I grumpy.

This has become somewhat of a bad habit over the past couple of weeks. At lunch I'm happy and crazy as usual, then as soon as we make our way back to the office I get miserable. I wish I could put my finger on exactly what it is that is making me this way, but I just don't know. The bad part about it is that usually I'm a pretty happy person. I definitely have my moments where I'm a spoiled, pouty brat - but generally, I'm happy. It's just that I've begun to notice just how much my bad moods affect everyone else.
Krista and I share an office, and she becomes much more quiet when I'm miserable. And today I snapped at Zig and kicked him out of our office, which in turn put him into a bad mood. Not a very nice Ali, that's for sure.
So, just what is causing the misery on my part? I really don't know.
I wish I could chalk it up to hormones, unfortunately, I really don't think that's what it is.

But regardless of why this is happening, I've decided that I need to smarten up. I'm being very childish and I don't like myself this way, which is why I declared tomorrow "Happy Tuesday."
Tomorrow I will be sunny, and impish and ridiculously smiley - and maybe that will bring me back from this rut I call misery. At least, I hope so...or I fear that soon no one will love me anymore...

7 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I still love you Ali!
Have a fabulous, Happy Tuesday!!

9:50 PM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I think the reason you get miserable in the afternoons is cuz you know the day of fun with your co-workers will soon be over. Thats what I think - and I'm pretty smart

9:58 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

We love you no matter what!!!

10:26 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Maybe you are eating the wrong things at lunch? My best happy food is from a Mexican place hear where I work, Chicken Quesadilla with cheese natchos and a coke. I float through the afternoon...

5:14 AM  
Blogger krista said...

I love you Ali! It's all good. I think we have all had too much drama lately and it's catching up to us. So we will have to make sure it is A HAPPY TUESDAY! IT WILL BE A HAPPY TUESDAY, we won't allow anything else!

7:29 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

How was Happy Tuesday?

3:54 AM  
Blogger Terri said...

Ali, you're just a normal woman. Embrace your mood swings!

6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home