10,000 Thoughts Swirling Through My Mind...
1. I miss the Bahama Mama. In case anyone doesn't know, that is my best friend who just happens to live in Nassau, Bahamas. I won't get to see her till June though, when she's home for our friend's wedding - in which we're both bridesmaids. I'm in definite need of some Monica time.
2. The husband and I are back on the baby train. As in, we went to my specialist this week and have decided that my body is healed enough (and I am at peace enough with everything emotionally) to get back on the fertility drugs and start doing all that fun stuff again. I'm happy and ready to try this again, wish us luck!
3. I am in love with green olives. I realized a couple weeks ago how much I mention my infatuation with them and I've finally come to the realization that I've fallen in love with them. The ones in my fridge right now are each stuffed with an entire clove of garlic! So good - even though I don't smell so hot after eating them.
4. I really am going to buy a guitar - yay! A certain "someone" keeps bugging me about it - and although I pretend to be annoyed, it's really the best way to get me to actually follow through on it. With no one harassing me it's too easy to put it on the backburner.
5. The husband will turn 29 in April. I keep teasing him that he will be too old for me then since he'll be three years older instead of two (for the two months until I turn 27 anyways), but I'm already stumped on what I should give him for a present...any ideas?
6. Yesterday at work someone said something to me that really made me think. On one of the magazines I'm an editor for, I work with this wonderful woman whom I've never met, but that I've come to love via the phone and email - and she's recently lost her father. She spent six weeks living in his hospital room and was with him when he passed just a month ago. So yesterday she was telling me that she's going on a snowmobile trip with her friends and family this weekend - even though she has tons to do at work. She said "You know what Ali? With everything that happened with my dad - I've come to realize that there is just no time to keep telling my friends 'let's go for dinner sometime' or 'we'll have to go for coffee to catch up' and then never doing it. My dad gave me the gift of realizing that I can never take those people for granted. When I tell people I want to get together I just need to do it - no more putting off spending time with people I love, you know?" Too which I said "you are absolutely right." And when I hung up the phone I decided that she was right, and that I'm going to try and live by her example - you just never know when someone might not be there anymore.
7. I love the way men smell. Now husband - don't get all pouty about this - because I haven't been walking around smelling random men. I just always notice when a man smells nice. And it's not when they've had a bath in cologne, or their hair reeks of pomade. It's that subtle smell they give off. It might be a little cologne, and a touch of deodorant...but some guys just have that musky, manly smell that is so intoxicating (and yes husband, you do smell that way). It makes me think of a protector - like I am safe from harm or something - you probably all think I'm loony and my husband probably thinks I've been too close to other men, but I know what I'm talking about.
8. Last night I slept like a baby. I think maybe the near bottle of wine I drank and the relaxing jazz I was listening to before I crawled into bed may have had something to do with it though.
9. I wish I could label the world. We have a labelmaker in our office and today I re-discovered it. I love making name tags for everything - my plants, my chair, my computer, my co-workers, you name it and I'll label it.
10. I'm going to start going for coffee at least once a week. Not running through the drive-thru at Tim Hor.ton's, but going to an actual coffee shop, either by myself or with someone else, and spending a couple hours there - either having good conversation, writing or drawing, and watching the world go by. I love all of those things and they have taken a backseat for too long.