Monday, February 12, 2007

The Order of Things

Today I came home from work and was freezing, as usually happens these days. So, as also usually happens these days, I decided to jump in the shower to warm up. I've been coming home nearly everyday and either having a bath or a shower, simply because nothing else seems to take the chill off lately.
Anyways, while I was standing in the shower, enjoying the hot water running down my body and warming me up, I started to think about a conversation the husband and I had in the car on the way back to the city last night.
For some reason we started talking about the way we each have showers. As in, did we have a certain order of doing things? Was it different each time? Was there an order of product? And so on.
We established that we both do the same routine each time - although our routines are different.
For instance, when I get in the shower I get completely wet, then shampoo my hair. I leave the shampoo in while I shave my legs and scrub my face, then rinse it out. Next I work conditioner into my hair and let that stay in while I use this creamsicle (yum, smells so freaking good!) bath sugar to leave my skin smooth. I also have a certain order of washing, but no, I won't tell you about that. Once my skin is all smooth, I rinse the conditioner out of my hair and get out of the shower. Then when I'm all toweled off I lather myself up with lotion to help ward off winter skin.
Now the husband doesn't follow all those steps because, for one, he doesn't shave his legs. He also doesn't use conditioner or wash his face in the shower, plus he uses regular old Lever 2000 soap - but he does follow a certain "order" in the shower.

So that got me to thinking - does everyone follow a routine when they shower? Or are we just some sort of freaks that always wash the same way?

6 Comments:

Blogger Amos said...

Nope you are not freaks, I do the same thing in order almost every time. Get all wet, shampoo, rinse, conditioner, wash with soap, rinse again, wash face, shave if necessary and then get out. My hubby does the opposite, washes his body, then washes his hair, then shaves his face. I think it's a girl thing to shampoo first. I can't stand having dirty hair while having a clean body.

8:24 PM  
Blogger j.k.a said...

lol...if having a routine means we're freaks then count me in. I always shower the same way, and have a specific order that I wash my hair, shave, ect. I mixed it up one day and ended up conditioning twice cause I couldn't remember if I had done it or not...order just saves me having to think that hard in the morning. :)

9:10 PM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I wash top down... wouldn't wanna wash my body first then wash my hair and have dirty hair water running across my clean body - (not that my hair is that dirty... but I just gotta do it that way... )

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have an order as well. Somewhat like Amose. Get wet, shampoo, conditioner. Gotta let that conditioner stay on for a while. Then wash, shave and whatever. Amazing how routine we are eh?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I just like to stew in a hot bath with a cold drink (beer?) and a book...

10:59 AM  
Blogger Ali Kat said...

I have an order, too. But I don't think my hubby does. he always says I'm anal - I call it particular!

12:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home