Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yes, I'd Like Bubbles in My Bath

It was just one of those days.
Those days when you come home exhausted and all you want to do is wrap yourself up and be cozy.

This week at work there has been one drama after another. Of course, I usually enjoy that sort of thing, but this time there are some fairly significant changes being made. I'm a little leary, but I'm hoping that these changes will be beneficial to us all in the long run. (Fingers crossed everyone.)

Anyhoo, there isn't a terrribly large amount of work to be done - though I do have a ton of stuff I'm trying to get through. The designers are in a bit of a lull right now, but they've been that way for the last two weeks and are in desperate need of some work. I keep telling them all that pretty soon we will be slammed with it, and there will be more than they can deal with. This is definitely the calm before the storm.

So yeah, I went in early today to try and make a dent in the pile of "very urgent papers" that are in 3 piles around my office. I had a long and boring conference call with an association we deal with. I went over one particular magazine (for the third time - and it won't be the last!) with a fine tooth comb. And just because of going in early all week and all the drama - I'm completely exhausted tonight.

Because I was so tired, by the time I came home I was a walking icecube and the husband went to run me a bath. I hauled in a bunch of candles, got out the bathtub head cushion thingie, filled the tub with Body Shop Satsuma bubbles, piled my hair up on my head, turned on the fan to drown out all of the other noise, turned off the lights and ahhhhhh, sank into a scalding hot tub.

I'm not sure why I love to have a bath in scalding water - it's just always been that way. It usually takes me at least 5 minutes to ease my way in, and sometimes even 10. Today I didn't have the energy to slowly ease in, so I just dropped myself in the tub - not even noticing how hot the water was.

I closed my eyes, tuned out the world, and sank into a Satsuma induced tub coma - pure bliss. By the time I got out I was glassy eyed and stumbling, like I was either drunk or medicated and now I'm feeling sleepy. Nothing beats soft skin slipping between the sheets - I think I'm going to have a great sleep!

Goodnight all.

5 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

“It usually takes me at least 5 minutes to ease my way in”


Funny. I have done this before and sat down too fast. The first thing that goes through your head is, “Oh crap! I may have cooked something that I’ll regret.”

5:00 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL -I wasn't worried about cooking anything per se, in fact I didn't even notice that it was so hot; not until I got out of the tub and my skin was all red at least.
Be careful out there Reggie, nobody wants you cooking any of your "somethings!"

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You forgot the best part. You know, when you suggested that I do the
same, and relax in a nice hot bath too? Only you used ALL the hot water, so I sat in a luke warm bath with candles lit for ten excruciating minutes just so I didn't hurt your feelings...that's love.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL - I'm sorry husband, if I had known there was no hot water left I wouldn't have made you stay in there!
Thanks for trying not to hurt my feelings, but now everyone will probably think I'm the worst...wife...ever.

1:10 PM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Ali-you are making me want to jump in the tub right now!!

Husband-Wow-what a guy!!

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home