Saturday, January 20, 2007

What a Wonderful Day!

Today has been a great day so far, and very busy - which I like too. I was pretty tired when I got up this morning - I was up too late downloading music and reading blogs and that sort of thing last night - but I was up at 7:10.
One of the husband's friends is in town with his new girlfriend, so we picked them up and went for breakfast to this fabulous restaurant. I've been there several times with people from work, but the husband and Mike (the husband's friend) hadn't been there. It's this place called Cora's where they have this incredible menu of fruit, waffles, crepes, omelettes, toast and basically anything else breakfast related.
And the amount of food you get is crazy! I had a waffle (which I always get) that is the size of a dinner plate and covered in custard and fresh fruit and topped off with a dollop of whipped cream.
The food is to die for - but although it's so good, there is just no way I could finish my waffle. Those that know me (and tease me) know that I don't eat much when I go out for a meal. Sure, once in a while I can eat a huge steak dinner - but for the most part - especially at lunch - I have a hard time even eating half of what I get. Anyways, Mike's girlfriend Irene had a couple bites and we managed to eat 3 of the 4 sections.
After breakfast we headed to the mall and shopped for a couple hours, I returned a couple Christmas presents and got a new hoodie, some flip flops for Mexico, and...some new undies. I couldn't resist - they were so cute!
Then we came home and were here for about 20 minutes - then headed back out for a snack. Everyone else was hungry and decided to go for sushi - and even though I wasn't really hungry I went along. By the time we walked in the door I was craving a Philadelphia roll, so we sat and had a whole platter of sushi - soooooo good!
Now we're back home - Irene is napping on the couch, the husband and Mike are watching "Night at the Roxbury" and I'm writing to you guys.
Tonight we're going to a restaurant downtown called...uh, I can't remember...but it's a vegetarian retaurant which is supposed to be awesome! Then after that we're heading a couple streets over to go to The Tragically Hip concert. For those of you that don't know - the Hip are a Canadian band that the husband and I love, I don't even know how many times we've seen them in concert, but it's alot.
Tomorrow we'll probably go out for breakfast again, then I have about 3 or 4 hours worth of work to do. I had a new rule about not bringing work home anymore, but this time it just can't be avoided. It's too bad I can't go into the office and work - it seems I can't concentrate at all anymore if there is anyone around.
Anyways, my weekend has been great so far and the rest is shaping up the same - I hope you are all having a wonderful break from the regular world!

2 Comments:

Blogger mr zig said...

thanks a lot Ali!!!! I was hungry, and now that I saw the Cora's picture I am even more hungry! In fact, my stomach is growling non stop now... and I won't be eating for another hour (meeting friends for a "night on the town") - Anyway, I know you might be "Cora'd out" - but too bad, we are going there for lunch this week... mmmm custard....

6:35 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Gee - twist my rubber arm why don't you? I guess if you REALLY feel the need to go...then we can, sigh.
The things I do for you guys....sheesh...

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home