Sunday, January 28, 2007

These Are a Few of My Favourite Things...

I have an infatuation with all things pickle and olive related. Well, that's not true - I loathe bread and butter pickles (or yum yum's as some people call them) but otherwise the green things and I get along great. Bick's Mini Crunch'ems with garlic - to die for!
Candles - I have them all over my house - these ones are in my fireplace. Every winter the husband begs me to let him make an actual fire in the fireplace, but candles are more romantic and way less messy. Sorry husband - the candles are there to stay!
I figure Reggie will appreciate this one...this is an old Carolina Panthers jersey of the husband's. I stole it several years ago and it is now one of my favourite things to lounge around the house in.
Pictures and moments like this - when you can look at the sky and see the sun streaming through the clouds...and you realize that you are just one tiny part of the universe - it can make you feel so small, and it always makes me feel that there is so much more than what we have here on earth.

I have so many other favourite things...kisses that leave you breathless, that first moment when you see someone in an airport that you have been waiting for, clean socks, slippers, getting praise for doing a good job, making someone feel good about themselves, milk chocolate, slipping between fresh sheets (especially after you've just shaved your legs and lathered yourself with lotion - sorry guys, you might not get that one), getting letters in the mail, my brother and I laughing so hard that we both start crying, my camera, all the people in my life...I could go on forever about my favourite things - but for now I'll leave you with those.

What are your favourite things?

7 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Things that I like…. I love a very cold beer after playing golf. I love hearing Gigi let out a big old laugh. I love the warm sun on my body. I love watching a playful dog. Did I say something about the cold beer?

I love seeing a naturally pretty woman that doesn’t think she is pretty or at least doesn’t act like it. I love the innocence of a four year old child. I love good and heart pouring worship; I haven’t done that in a while.

I love any good golf shot. Clean sheet with hairy legs is good too.

I love being loved.

3:47 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

I loved this post, but it made me feel weirdly guilty, because I just finished posting about the things I DON'T like. Your post also made me feel just plain weird, because I also just finished posting about my favourite sweater as well. I swear I wasn't stealing your ideas - I posted both of mine and then surfed on here.

Anyway, great idea... favourite things... You've listed all the best ones, especially the breathless kisses and the clean sheets... I also love the feeling of drifting off to a peaceful, perfect sleep after a very long day...

6:12 PM  
Blogger Amos said...

Now you and my hubby would get along great because he and the green things love each other too. Olives, pickles you name it, he loves it.

I too love clean sheets, I love good photography, especially when I can capture it. I love playing the piano. I could do it for hours and be content. This one is different, but I love when I have dreams about my hometown. Most of them are from the past and I love waking up with good dreams like that. I love friends, and great conversations with them. Yep could go on and on, what a great post.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Making a loved one smile.

Hearing one of those songs that gives you goose bumps.

Remembering something new about the daughter we lost.

3:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love a good book. Sheets that have been dried on the clothes line(I sit their and inhale their smell...my hubby thinks I am loonie!) Jumping into a pool and on very hot day. Having my kids tell me that they love me unexpectedly. Having my hubby give me flowers for no reason at all. A back rub. Good friends. A stomach ache because you have laughed so hard.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

yah, so I have been trying to slow down enough in life to try and think about my favorite things...hasn't happened yet! So, I will give you a quick list of the first things that come to my mind...

*Carmel Nut Lattes
*Pepsi
*Turtle Chex Mix
*Mexican Food
*Scrapbooking
*When my kids 'belly laugh'
*When my kids sleep
*A date night with my husband
*A full body Massage
*Vacations
*When my husband gives me a foot rub
***When my husband and I are actualy in bed ontime watching one of our favorite TV shows, he is giving me a foot rub, I am drinking Pepsi and eating Turtle Chex Mix and the kids are sleeping!!!! :-)

1:03 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Logzie - the only problem with the last one is that you probably end up with crumbs in the bed!

4:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home