Tuesday, December 12, 2006

What's New Pussycat?

Whew, I'm out of breath! Pant, wheeze...I was just sitting here getting more and more ticked at blogger for not letting me on for the past hour or so and decided to crank some tunes while I waited. I've been shaking my ass to a combo of Aretha Franklin, Bay City Rollers and The Bangles for the past 45 minutes or so. As a result I am in a fabulous mood. There's just something about dancing with nobody watching that is so liberating. Although sometimes I dance like there is no one watching, when in fact, I'm in a crowd of people at a wedding reception or something. Ahem, I've never been what you would call the "shy" type.

So this morning I was late for work (surprise, surprise), at lunch I went for a vampire visit, then as soon I was done work I dragged my butt to Wal-mart to have my passport picture retaken. The husband took our paperwork in yesterday and they rejected my picture because I had a glare on my forehead. In my new picture I look like a deranged serial killer that just got loose from the asylum, but I guess that's much better than a 2 millimeter white spot on my forehead.

Anyhoo, it's been beautiful here the past 3 or 4 days and I'm loving the warm weather. The only crappy part is that the bottom of all my jeans get caked in dirty slush about 2 seconds after I leave the house.

Ooooh, yay! Eddie Rabbit - I love a Rainy Night just came on, I love this song. This night just keeps getting better and better.

There has been a lot of new things going on at my work lately. People quitting, new hires, changing offices, re-arranging offices - that sort of thing.
As a result of all these changes, the woman I used to share my office with has now moved to another office, leaving me to do what I please with mine. In a few months there is supposed to be another editor starting who will be in once a week, and I do still have to share my office with her...but as far as I'm concerned I can still do what I want with the office since she'll barely be there.
So yesterday I moved a bunch of stuff around, totally changing the layout of the office. Zig helped me decide where to put everything and moved all the stuff I couldn't budge and as a result it looks awesome! I still have to do a little tidying and bring in some pictures and stuff - but what a change! With the way things are set up now I actually feel like an editor (or an adult at least).
The designers kept popping in today and telling me that it seemed like I was a guidance counsellor or something. I do kind of come off as that wacky teacher that wants to relate to the kids and make them feel at home. I've been forcing everyone to cut out snowflakes for all the windows in my office and I have some garland up, and there are 2 life size skeletons on the wall from halloween that I can't bear to take down.
I'm going to take pictures tomorrow to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Have a wonderful evening all you fabulous people!

P.S. Wow, I just re-read this post - I'm all over the place! Sorry about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Logzie said...

Hey...SO what...you were all over the place! I am SOOOOOO glad to hear you happy again and being your CRAZY self...I love it!!

Dance away...Dancing Queen!! :-)

10:40 PM  
Blogger mr zig said...

you are weird... :)

9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't worry about looking deranged in you passport photo. I have a friend who has a theory that you want certain photos to look bad. For example, he thinks that you should look REALLY bad on your driver's license photo. That way if you are pulled over after having a few too many at a party, you look like your photo! Not that I'm condoning that type of behavior!

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home