Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm Back World!

*Update* I started back at work today (as did the husband) and we are both feeling much better. Obviously we are still sad, but we've decided to try to move on and take comfort in the fact that we had no other choice about what to do, and that we did conceive and are taking that as a sign that we are meant to bring babies into this world. Thank you all again for your beautiful prayers and encouragement. Chris and I appreciate it immensely.

Anyhoo, this is the stack of "critical" work that was waiting for me upon my arrival back at the office today. Three magazines worth of paper, and several minor disasters to take care of.
If you worked in my office you would hear me swear and yell miscellaneous threats on a daily basis - but I really do love my job. Without the drama and deadlines it would be no fun. Really.
Tonight I brought home the thickest folder at the bottom of the stack- it took me 2 hours to get through - but nerdy me enjoyed reading through all the ads and copy, marking down page numbers and making note of any mistakes. Why I enjoy this line of work, I have no idea.

Another thing I enjoy is my name. As you'll see from my shirt above - my name is Alison. About half the people in my life call me Alison, the other half call me Ali. My best friend calls me Al (and is the only person allowed to do that) and my dad calls me babe. Oh, and the husband calls me Shy, baby, Shynin, and whatever other name we are stuck on at the moment.

Yeah, anyways, back to the name.

I really do like my name, in fact, I requested this shirt for a Christmas present about 3 years ago. Many people think I'm a loser for liking this shirt - but I've found that a lot of men enjoy it. I'm thinking it has something to do with the fact that they are kind of "allowed" (in their minds anyways) to look at my chest when I'm wearing it. To all the men out there, I am not dumb, please don't be an ass and pretend that you're reading my shirt when you're actually taking it as an invitation to ogle.
Anyone physically close enough to me to read it already knows my name anyways, so don't pretend that reading it was a big revelation for you.

As you can all see, I'm wasting no time in getting back to my upbeat, if somewhat snarky, self. I've missed being happy and relaxed the past month or so and will do my best to be happy once again.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! You mean you ladies are on to the "look at the Tee shirt words thing" when we are actually taking a relaxing peek? Okay....I will tell the man world you ladies are on to us and we will have to continue the stressful peeks.

5:46 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

LOL, I know that sounds silly, because of course, the fact that men stare and women know about it is NOT a new development.

What I'm referring to are the guys who know me, have seen this shirt many times before, and who don't look for the 3 seconds that it actually takes to read it - but rather the 30 seconds they need to "really get a good look."

How about you just tell the man world to try and be a little more subtle. Deal?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

Ah...there's our Ali again!

Glad you're back and feeling better!

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, that is breach of man protocol for sure. Beware if a man walks up with mirrored sunglasses though. Ya'll know about that too right?



I got busted by Gigi last summer at an outdoor concert. My instinct got the best of me and before I knew it I was getting a tongue lashing. It had been 20 years since I was last caught gazing. Why did you bring up the subject darn it!


We will try to be better, I promise.

10:41 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

well if you girls already know, then whats the point of being subtle? You know anyway, so I think perhaps its time we stop trying to be sneaky, and just look - without shame - Hm... I am so smart sometimes!

11:33 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Reggie, sorry, but I think it's funny that you got busted - yay Gigi!

Zig, yeah we know what you're doing but try to have a little dignity about it, would you?

James, LOL you are killing me...bad eyesight? Maybe you should get that checked out!

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Uh, thanks, for looking at the shirt (I guess) and for the happy thoughts!

;-)

11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home