Sunday, July 30, 2006

He's Alive!

I'm happy to report that baby Cat-in-the-Hat is alive and well and is happily drawing away on his itty-bitty Etch-A-Sketch.
Although I was at my wit's end on Friday and he was near death, I calmed myself and realized the horror of what I was about to do.
I never did get back to all that HTML garbage but I intend on doing it in the coming week or two - thank you to Reggie who has offered to help me out with any questions I have, I appreciate it.
Today was a very relaxing day; up at 7:30, checked the net (and was delighted to see that my Australian buddy was back for more), drank 3 cups of coffee, called the best friend in the Bahamas, (husband got up at about 10 so I had the place to myself for awhile), went out for lunch to our favourite restaurant (had a freaky waitress, but whatever) browsed through Pier One and Sears for baby presents for my girlfriend's new baby boy, came home and helped the hubby pack for his 3 day fishing trip with my dad and brother, kissed him goodbye, and now here I sit, listening to Miles Davis and writing this blog.
I'll only be alone tonight though because above mentioned best friend is on her way in from Nassau tomorrow night. Yay, I am in desperate need of some girly talk (essentially bitching about how retarted our husbands are) and a dose of junk food. She'll be here tomorrow night, then out of town for a couple days, then back Thursday for another reunion of her, I and our other girlfriend J. and then she'll be in Ontario for another week or two. It's crazy how much I miss this crazy broad when she's gone! We religiously resort back to being 10 year olds when we're together, it's great.
Anyhoo, yes I am a much calmer and happier person than I was Friday, or even yesterday - at this moment I am glad my husband will be away for a couple days...men (sigh)...you know...can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em? Well I can live without mine at the moment.
(Although I will miss him just a tiny bit.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Yeah Tee, that's you...I would never shun you guys, in fact if you have an extra 5 or 6 thou. hanging around I'd be happy to spend some time in Australia!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home