Saturday, July 29, 2006

Good Morning!

Wow...what an awesome night's sleep; I slept for nearly 12 hours last night.
The weird thing about it is that I went to bed at 10:30, which may seem normal to most people, but to me that is waaaaayyy to early. Any time I've tried to go to bed that early in the past just leaves me rolling around and frustrated because I never go to bed before midnight usually.
In college I used to stay up for days at a time - there was rarely anyone else up all night, but sometimes my mind would be going so fast that it was easier just to stay up and go to class in the morning than to try to force myself to fall asleep. And on those nights when I actually went to sleep, it was never before 2am.
Isn't it amazing what booze, coffee, chaing-smoking and freedom can do to your system?

So the idea that last night I went to bed at 10:30 and woke up at 10:15am is mind-boggling to me. I guess I was right yesterday when I said I was run-down lately.
Except now my back is aching - boo, there always has to be a downside to everything. I only sleep on my stomach so the pressure on my lower back is fairly high after 12 hours. And I feel a little lethargic because I overslept...man, what a crank-ass I am. I bet the husband is glad he's not here today.
But there are people in the world with far worse problems than getting too much of a great sleep, so I guess I should quit being such a whiny brat.
Ah, coffee (insert drool, lip-smacking and large gulps here), it always makes me feel better.
All right, to the shower, then the coffee pot for a fresh cup, then the table to do some freelance...write at you all later.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the days when I could stay awake for ever and still function. Sadly, those days are over. I prefer to be in bed by ten.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home