Sunday, May 25, 2008

Hi!

1. My daughter is somewhat of a non-sleeper. As in, awake from 10:30 pm till about 6 am - she has her days and nights turned around. However, my mom came in on Friday and has been helping me out the past two days (since husband is back at work), and suddenly Ellery is sleeping like a champ! Last night she was only up to feed, then back down for another 3 hours or so - thank you Lord!

2. I've been so tired that my days are sort of all running together, and I hadn't even realized it had been so long since I posted! If I keep getting to sleep a few hours at night though, I'm hoping to spend this next week catching up with all of you, I've missed you guys! And, also...for the women who have given birth out there...you'll know what I mean when I say sitting on a hard chair for a couple hours in front of a computer is not exactly "comfortable" in the week or two after, ahem.

3. I have gift bags sitting all over my apartment with presents that I really need to start keeping track of. I think I'm going to start forgetting what is from who pretty soon, thus making my thank you cards a bit hellish.

4. My mom and I went out yesterday and I bought a new pair of flip flops, they are heavenly. I think someone else has them, or a pair similar, because they looked very familiar, but they are wonderful. I've been wearing them all day.

5. Oh wow, I'm quickly realizing that my life consists entirely of baby related stuff...holy. I really need to get back on track, or I fear soon everyone will forget about me!

6. Hope you're all having a wonderful weekend, love and hugs from me to you. Hope to catch up soon!

10 Comments:

Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

I could never forget about you dearest. I am waiting anxiously for the OK to come to visit, or take you out, or talk on the phone, or play Word Scramble....

xoxoxo

2:36 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Good to hear from you.

2:48 PM  
Blogger mr zig said...

don't worry about it, we will not forget about you. I remember this period all to well... but before you know it you'll have repressed the memory of those completely sleepless nights, and you'll be saying "eh, that wasn't so bad" - that is until you read your own blog and remind yourself! hehe

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful, new baby. It's a REQUIREMENT that you keep us posted on baby related issues! I've missed you and can't wait to hear all about your life as a parent... and of course, life otherwise as well. I've missed you!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Aliiiiiiii

So so good to hear from you....

It's ok chickie..we all remember those first few weeks....

Cherish them,they fly by and before you know it they are trying to wear your shoes....

Big kiss for darling E......

xoxoxoxox

8:07 PM  
Blogger James said...

Yeah don't worry about us we will keep looking in....take it easy and enjoy being with the little lady.

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been coming by everyday that I am online and am just so happy for you. Ditto to what everyone has said! I love hearing about bubby and your life..

We wouldn't forget about you and we totally understand how upside down your world is at the moment. Just enjoy it and don't worry about us. We'll worry about you.
Luv'N'Hugs,
Lesley

8:26 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ditto what everyone else said! We definitely won't forget about you, and of course it's totally understandable why you aren't posting much these days. Enjoy these early days with your daughter!

9:35 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I think we are all expecting, and wanting, a good deal of baby stuff!

Good to hear the sleeping is settling down - sleep deprivation can break the best of us!

Forget you? That is the daftest thing you have ever said, which is saying a LOT! ;-)

Hugs right back! Luv ya!

3:13 AM  
Blogger tz said...

Most of us understand that honeymoon period after the baby gets home...all the cuddling, adjusting your life, the awe of it all....

take your time and we'll be here when you're ready to join the blogosphere again!

and yes, hard surfaces after pushing out a bowling ball....
five years later and I'm still not recovered...LOL

7:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home