Tuesday, October 02, 2007

It Just Kind of Snuck Up on Me...

This morning I wasn't expecting much...you know, I thought it would be your average, everyday, run-of-the-mill kind of day...

But it wasn't long before I was given a little surprise...


Hmmm, what's this now?


Oh, really? That kind of a day?


Yay! It snuck up on me, but today is a happy, happy day!

*************************************************************************************

Just a quick synopsis, since it's only 9:15 am, and how could I be having such a great day already, right?

Well my doctor's appointment went well yesterday (except for my doctor's usual lameness - but I expect it now, so I'm okay with that), this morning I was up at 5 and at work by about 6:20. That made me happy because though usually I start at 8, I really wanted to be here early to make up some of my time from yesterday. So yay! For once I was up and ready to go quickly

Once I got in the office I opened my coffee - mixed to perfection!
Yay again!


I opened my email and sent my timesheet off to my boss - oh man, this is such a big yay! It was due yesterday, but when you put it into perspective that last month I was 7 months behind on timesheets - it's amazing!

Next I had an email from Zig, which he had passed on from the vice-president of our company, giving kudos and glowing reviews to all who had worked on a recent issue of a particular magazine he had taken to a huge conference and trade show. Apparently he had the best reviews about the magazine that he's ever had about a magazine in 28 years - and it was one of my magazines - crazy, huge, amazing yay!

Then, to top it off, one of my other magazines recently featured a company from here in Manitoba that is one of the largest and well-known companies in Canada. Turns out that the company is so impressed with the magazine and our feature on them that they are thanking us for our fantastic work and want to order a few hundred more copies to send out to their own branches. Seriously, so many yays today!

I hope you are all having as wonderful a day as I am so far!

Happy day to you!

8 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

Cool! I love days like that.

Did you get MY email?

9:50 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I think there is something in the air today, cuz it is a good day, even down at this end of the office! :)

10:27 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

YAY!!!!

3:09 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

the air isn't as great over here... work is tough right now :(

glad you're having a good day though

3:10 PM  
Blogger James said...

Hi TWM glad the doctor's appointment went well. Well done for all the superb work accolades for you and Zig too. I never imagined that between all the blogging, pouting and guitar lessons going on over there that you were all actually working too...

5:14 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Yesterday was a happy day. Today, not so much. :(

12:05 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Rock Chef - I got your email but can't open it, I'm gonna open it on Zig's computer later.
James - yep, I really DO work once in a while, and when I do it pays off, yay!
Aaron - aww, what's going on down there?

12:46 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ali - if you can't open it (it is a Powerpoint presentation) let me know and I can just strip out the text and send it like that. Or use it for a quick and easy cheat blog post.

BTW you have not visited recently, sulk, pout...

4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home