Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Three Things

As I was driving to work this morning I had my radio tuned to one of the local stations. The hosts were having kids call in to say what they would do differently if they could rule the world. Most kids were saying they would cancel bedtime, and eat candy for supper and that kind of stuff...but then this little boy called in...

Radio Guy: Hey man, what would you do differently if you were in charge?
Little Boy: I'd lower gas prices.
Radio Guy: (after a pause and a stifled laugh) I know hey? Aren't gas prices ridiculous these days?
Little Boy: Yeah, it's a lot of money.
Radio Guy: So what is it costing you to fill up these days?
Little Boy: I don't know...about 10 dollars?
Radio Guy: (after another stifled laugh) Yeah, that sounds about right. Do you know how much I think gas should cost?
Little Boy: Uh......
Radio Guy: Here's a clue, it rhymes with "Bee"
Little Boy: Uh......
Radio Guy: And it starts with an "F"
Little Boy: (after 20 seconds of silence) Um, popsicle?
Radio Guy: (without skipping a beat) Yes, exactly! Gas should cost a popsicle!


***************************************************************
Yesterday when I was sitting at my desk getting ready to start packing up for home, my cell phone rang. I didn't recognize the number so I had no idea who was calling. It was my dad - convo went as follows:

Dad: Hi my girl, how are ya?
Ali: Daddy! Hi! I'm good, how are you? And where are you?
Dad: I just woke up, got called for the train home so I'm heading to work in a few minutes.
Ali: Awww, so no time for supper then?
Dad: Nope, sorry babe, I thought I would have time but I'm going to work earlier than I thought.
Ali: Oh...
Dad: Actually, I was just calling to tell you that I love you.
Ali: (excitedly, and tickled pink) Really? Awwww.
Dad: Yep. I love you lots.
Ali: Awwww (giggle) awwww, I love you too Dad.
Dad: Okay, I've gotta run babe, I'll talk to you soon.
Ali: Kay Dad, have a good trip home, I love you.
Dad: Bye babe.


***************************************************************
Yesterday while Krista and Zig and I were in the underground at lunch, I decided I'd like to walk around Hallmark to kill some time. So in we went, walking around looking at everything, reading cards and passing them to each other when they were really funny. Then we came to this display of magnets...we were all standing there reading them and laughing when all of a sudden Zig rips one off the display and says "This is perfect for Ali - we should get it for her."
Then Krista started to laugh, but they wouldn't let me read it. So I pouted a little.
Later on in the afternoon I walked back to my office to find this on the white board on my office door.
The magnet is stuck to the board as my "sign".

I think these people may know me a little too well...

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

1 - as they say, if you wait long enough you will get the killer line.

2 - I love your dad and I have never even met him! What a great guy!

3 - what a cool sign! I bet they had it made specially, really!

9:57 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

1. I love Ace.
2. Aww, my Dad is too quiet and stoic to ever do that. So sweet!
3. That is SO you.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

1 - Kid's say the funniest things and don't even know it!

2 - You are so lucky to have such an incredible dad! And it's obvious that you know it.

3 - I'm hoping the occassional scenes of nudity don't take place in the office :)

9:27 PM  
Blogger Aaron said...

Course language and nudity? How come we've only been witness to one of these? :D

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home