Sunday, September 30, 2007

Some Random Junk

1. Last week was a complete bust in the work department. I couldn't concentrate, not for longer than 15 second intervals anyways. This might be a better way to put it in perspective for you...a magazine worth of editorial which should have taken me, at the most, 5 hours to copy edit, took me three days. One hour of which was spent tonight sitting on my couch forcing myself to read.

2. I bought myself a new camera. It is so kick-ass that I was literally squealing and jumping up and down when I started playing with it. Many thanks to the husband for picking it up and bringing it to me at work (no wonder I couldn't concentrate on Friday), and to Zig, for alerting me it was on sale for such a great price, and for being so awesome about answering my questions thus far. And yeah...it was on sale...but it still cost me more than a month's rent...

3. You may have read that the husband is having some back issues again. I could cry just thinking about it because it was so hard to see him in so much pain last time, and I thought it would be much longer until I had to witness it again. The good thing is that he got squeezed in for an MRI this Wednesday, so we'll have a better idea of what's going on after those results.

4. I went on a date with Princess today. We've gotten into the habit of taking Sundays to go for lunch and then spending the afternoon shopping - I love it. However, while we were shopping today, I wandered away from where she was lost in a rack of little jackets. No sooner had I begun flicking through some sweaters when I heard a low "un-ladylike" sound. I looked up to see a woman a few feet away with her back to me, flicking through some other sweaters, and continuing to let out one of the most hideous farts I have ever heard. It was 20 seconds long, I kid you not.
I stood there and stared with my mouth hanging open while she continued looking at clothes as if nothing was amiss. I quickly bit my lip, turned around and sprinted to Princess, and stopped in front of her red-faced and trying to control myself. She asked me what was wrong and all of a sudden I couldn't hold it in, I started howling with laughter, while telling her the story.
People were looking at we while I stood there appalled but unable to control my laughter until finally I said, half to Princess, half to them, "well at least I didn't shit my pants in public today."

5. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. It involves some not so fun "tools" and some not so fun "areas". Sigh.

6. Yesterday I had a craving for chocolate cake and milk, neither of which we had in the house. So to the grocery store I went, also picking up sour cream and raspberries. When I got home I decided that I would actually rather have raspberries than chocolate cake, so I opened the container to have a few.
I'm calling them 'Roid berries. They were freaking huge!

5 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

What a good fart story. Guys always like a good poot.

Good luck at the doctors.

5:20 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

1 - yep we all get like that from time to time!

2 - looking forward to some really good photos!

3 - good luck to Chris and his back.

4 - I bet it was YOU really, trying to blame someone else in case Princess heard it!

5 - Oooh, those are NASTY! My wife did all those. Funny thing is, I only had to do one "test" (a bit embarassing but certainly not unpleasant, so to speak) and some of my friends said that they would have refused to do it! Some of the tests my wife did must have been invented by the Inquisition! I think the hystereosalpinogram was the worst. But it was all worth it in the end! Good luck with it all!

6 - were they as good as they look?

7:45 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Rock Chef - ewwwww!!! Of course I wasn't the one who farted! Princess was a store length away from me, so she wouldn't have heard, and I would NEVER have let something like that rip so nonchalantly. It was horrific!

9:36 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Do raspberries and sour cream go together?? Interesting...

10:49 AM  
Blogger Aaron said...

#3: I know all about some back pain. Wishing Chris the best! (He's obviously playing Guitar Hero too hard!) :P

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home