Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Calm and Wonderful Day


Today was a great day in the life of Ali.
Grabbed a coffee on the way to work, found an old cd that I love and now have renewed affection for, managed to focus quite a bit and got some work done.
I got to have lunch with "the boys" today, as for one reason or another the other women in the office weren't around. That was fun - I was joking that I felt like I was about to get my ass kicked or something, since they were walking one on either side of me, both in their black jackets, and are both well over 6 feet - while I was toddling along between them in all my 5' 5" glory. I'm sure it made for an interesting sight.
Anyways, this afternoon I dragged out my blanket (yes I do have slippers, a blanket and a heater in my office - it gets damn cold in there!), pulled out my desk drawers and laid it across them and made myself a sort of chaise lounge. Then I popped in my earphones and rocked out for several hours while I copyedited an entire magazine. A comfy and productive afternoon - fabulous!
After work I grabbed another coffee, came home and poured over all the flyers that came in today's mail (oh man, I love spring flyers - I want to buy everything!), then ran out and got my nails done. It has been 6 weeks since I got them done and they were hideous, but now I'm feeling a little more girly, yay! So I came home, the husband told me about his long, crazy day, I threw in a load of laundry, then made myself supper...which consisted of a plate of strawberries, an orange, a couple pieces of cheese and pickles. Yum...and I ate it all! (I better get a high five for that tomorrow!)

All in all, it was a great day - productive, fun, entertaining, girly...I couldn't ask for anything more.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

I can picture you walking along with your 2 bodyguards, with people wondering if you are famous.

"Hey, isn't that, oh you know, the one from ER..." :-)

4:40 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

Another whole meal finished?!! wow! - thats how many now? two? - YAY!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Ok, I want your job.
And you made me look down at my nails and I thought "chia, I need to get these done before Vegas." I feel so ungirly and slovenly today.
And congrats on finished a whole meal!! SOunded tasty too.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Logzie said...

That sounds like a fantastic day!!

(I have been using the word 'fantastic' a lot these days...) :0)

7:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home