Friday, December 29, 2006

Oh No...They're On To Me!

First things first...I hope that you all had a wonderful holiday, I've missed you! I hope everyone got to spend some quality time with the people who are important to you. Laughter, love and a little indulgence are always great ways to make the most of time off.

Anyways, I wasn't planning on posting til the New Year as I wanted to start fresh and maybe with a less sarcastic and more positive attitude - it turns out that positive may be a possibility, less sarcasm is simply not feasible. In general I have a fairly sarcastic attitude, I think it's part of my "charm" (he, he), and thus 2007 will be dripping with my ridiculous, yet hopefully entertaining, attitude.

Case in point: I started back to work half days this week - I'm not actually supposed to work for at least another week and a half but I'm feeling guilty not working, so here I sit, kind of working, kind of blogging, and trying not to fall over. Lots of fun.

Anyhoo, yesterday morning there was a sign up in the lobby of our building from one of the other offices. It was a sort of warning/we're on to you/you better stop it, kind of message. Every morning there is a newspaper addressed to this particular office sitting in the lobby. In good faith, most people just leave it there because it isn't theirs, and when that office opens in the morning someone that works there grabs the paper on the way in.

Apparently someone has been stealing this newspaper recently. I've never witnessed it myself, but it seems to have been going on for some time now, thus the message on the wall. (Click on the pic to enlarge the text and read the message.)


Assuming that you have now read the message - I can ask if you have been struck with the same thoughts as me. First of all "To Whomever" and "know who you are". Does this strike anyone else as questionable? Why would you even post this "to whomever"? If you know who it is then why don't you just confront them? It's not like this is a huge office building; it's only four floors and you know who almost everyone is. And if you're too chicken shit to actually ask someone face to face to quit stealing your newspaper - then why don't you write a few key points about that person?

For example: To the lady in the red coat that comes in every morning at 8:04 and drives the black Chry.sler Se.bring and works on the 2nd floor and keeps stealing our paper.

I guarantee that she won't be stealing your paper anymore, she'll be so embarassed because most everyone will realize who she is that she won't even look at your paper in the morning.

Second of all, as if you have a camera system in the lobby. For one thing, I know that is crap. For another, wow - it's super that you have one tiny office downstairs but somehow that constitutes you having an entire surveillance system of the main lobby. And lastly, it is so obvious from your lame message that you really have no idea who is stealing your paper that it's hard to take you seriously.

Leave your paper where it is, hide around the corner, and when someone grabs it on the way through in the morning, jump out and yell "A-ha" in a really wild shrieky voice - I know I wouldn't be stealing a paper if some lunatic jumped out and yelled at me every morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amos said...

You are hilarious. You are totally right about the whole thing, if they know who it is, then deal with it morons! Definitely no balls there.

Hope you are doing better.

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the funniest Ali!!!

So...is it YOU?? :0)

You should stage the 'sting'...come on...help out your neighbor and have a riot in the process!!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home