Monday, December 15, 2008

This Is One Shitty Day...And It's Only One O'clock!

Alright. I've been in my house for two days. It's been super cold out, Ellery has been cranky, and the husband has been away, so I figured since there was nothing pressing that needed to be done, I'd just hole up for a few days.
This morning though, I needed out. Anywhere. And it just so happens that I have over half my Christmas list left to buy for, so I decided to pack up Miss E and hit the mall.

In the space of 1.5 hours, this is what happened...
- I nearly wiped out running back in the house after starting the car.
- Ellery screamed like someone was murdering her while I put her in her snowsuit.
- I got severely stuck backing out of my parking spot.
- My big, strapping neighbour who is always home, wasn't home to help me out.
- I had to run to my neighbour with a heart condition's house instead.
- He actually had my tires smoking I was stuck so bad.
- I had a fight/misunderstanding with a close friend that made me very sad.
- I broke Ellery's stroller. (This is a long story, but it's actually the manufacturer's fault.)
- I broke the headset for my Blackberry.
- Then I called my mom to tell her I changed my mind about something I had asked her for for Christmas, and she got mad.

So. Let's hope this day turns around really fast.

8 Comments:

Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

I just put the husband back on the plane. You will see him tonight and all will be right with the world.

Thanks for loaning him to me.

4:32 PM  
Blogger terri said...

We need to fix this. We can't be having you feeling like this. I'm coming over with margaritas... or maybe something hot would be more appropriate. But still alcoholic. Will that help?

9:04 PM  
Blogger cmacc said...

Hope your day made a 180!!

11:16 PM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Wow, that is crappy!

Aw, you just brought back lots of memories of forcing kids into snow suits while they screamed the house down. My usual experience was that all the excitement would cause them to fill their pants (plus squidging up the back and down the legs), forcing a total change just as we were about to leave the house!

How was the afternoon?

3:08 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I'm sorry you were having such a rough day!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Wreggie - You are very welcome :) And if you taught him how to chop onions properly, I am forever in your debt.

Terri - Yes. Alcohol. And you - that would be great!

BPM - It didn't, but today is going MUCH better, thanks!

Rock Chef - So far there have been no explosions, fingers crossed for the rest of the winter!!!!

Laura - Thanks, you're a sweetie :)

12:12 PM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Honestly...I told him not to screw up the onions or he could possibly throw the game. He cut a big mound of perfect onions. He's a darn good mussel and oyster steamer too.

You should be proud.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Those are the kind of days that I just end real quick and dive back into bed with the covers over my head....works a treat...even if it's only 7am LMAO...

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home