Thursday, May 03, 2007

Swirling Thoughts

This past week I can't seem to get enough to eat.
As someone who is generally not a big eater - this is a major switch. It's so ridiculous that yesterday I got home at 4:30, and ate right up until the time the husband got home at 8:15. Then I munched on stuff while he ate his disgusting farmer sausage.
My hunger is insatiable...but I am not alone, for Krista has been the same way this week.
I don't feel so bad when I can hear her down the hall at 9:30am asking if it's lunchtime yet.
The muffin in this picture? It was enormous, but I demolished it in about 3 minutes, and damn it was good.

Here is the husband just a little while ago. He was very intently playing college football on his Playstation and I decided to lay on the floor and take a picture of the lights on it. They were shining all blue and green and I thought they would make a cool picture. Turns out - not so cool.
But then once I got down on the floor I laid there for about 15 minutes because I was suddenly overcome with exhaustion. It must be because my 27th birthday is coming up next month.

I went for another guitar lesson tonight after work. It was a great lesson. I had missed last week and realized that I don't do so well in the practice department without a weekly lesson.
My teacher is great though - he is very patient, and when I'm acting like a brat, saying "Blah, I quit, this is too hard" he says "No you're not - now do it again." And then I do.
Nobody bosses me around, maybe that's why I respond well to it...

Remember how I was having such a shitty time last week? I said in an earlier post how everyone at work was so great about it and they all went out of their way to make me feel better?

Well this is the white board on my office door - James drew this to cheer me up. It worked.


A month or so ago I was complaining about work, and said that I had had enough and that I was going to demand my long-overdue raise.
Well I did.
And I got it.
I found out today.
I'm so happy I could scream.
Yay Ali!

As a result of the above news - the husband is heading to Ontario in the morning to spend the weekend with his parents. I have too much to do and will be staying in the city.
The husband will be dropping by our bank and turning in the paperwork about my raise. And then - well then the fun will really begin because we will begin the process of doing our mortgage paperwork. I'm scared but very excited.

Tomorrow night I am going out with Princess. We've met up a couple times via a group - but tomorrow will be the first time it's just us. She makes me laugh, and we are pretty similar so it should be a good time. Plus, as an added bonus - we will add in drinks and food and slutty waitresses we can make fun of - what's not great about that?

I think those are all the thoughts running through my mind at the moment, but before I bid you adieu I will leave you with a joke that I recently remembered and shared with a co-worker, who had a good laugh.


What did the snail say when it jumped on the turtle's back?


Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

12 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

That is the worst joke EVER!

Great about the raise, well done.

That muffin looks good. Haven't had a cake like that for a while. The last one was last week, brownie with cheese cake topping. Wonderful!

3:23 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

The first time I heard that joke I was in Grade 5 or so - I laughed like a maniac.
It still makes me laugh like that. :)

5:58 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

I actually passed it on to a colleague of mine who studies snails. Will let you know what he says.

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so lame... that joke made me laugh out loud. I'm a simple, simple girl... (or should that be "simple minded?")

7:41 AM  
Blogger krista said...

HEY! What's wrong with lunch at 9:30 am?! It's 8:00 am now and I'm contemplating a snack! Lunch will be soon!!! Didn't help when I read John's comment! ummmmmm...brownie's I LOVE BROWNIES!

8:00 AM  
Blogger mr zig said...

I love that joke! it is so awesome! weeeeeeeee!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Irene said...

Congrats on the raise!!!

It's too bad you won't be in Ontario with Chris :(
But oh, what are you guys doing for May long? If you don't have plans already (and don't have to work) then consider, if you will, camping with Mike and I.

8:45 AM  
Blogger Princess of the Universe said...

Mmm- brownies with cheesecake- that sounds so good right now!
(Chocolate- it's not just for breakfast anymore...)

Looking forward to our fiesta after work!

9:09 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

John - I am absolutely certain that your colleague will appreciate the joke. The coolest people do ;)
Terri - you are not simple minded, the joke is hilarious!
Krista - there is NOTHING wrong with wanting lunch at 9:30 - because it's 9:15 right now and I'm fantasizing about the granola bars in my desk...
Zig - I know, Wheeeeeeeeeee!
Irene - thanks! And I'm not sure about May long, but I'll check it out and we'll let you guys know.
Princess - hmmmm chocolate...I wish it was 5pm right now!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ali said I'm not COOL! WAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

9:49 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

No I didn't! I merely IMPLIED that cool people like the joke.
But even though you don't, I think you are very cool.

9:59 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Ah, thanks Ali.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home