Monday, February 01, 2010

My Current Why List

Why is it in cartoons that the animals all walk on their back legs and don't wear pants (or at the most, wear a short, ill-fitting tshirt), but then all go to bed in flannel pajamas?

Why does the postal service (in every country that I've ever mailed something to or received something from anyway) always lie about when a package will be delivered? Filthy liars, they're always late.

Why is it that when I paint my nails the polish never seems to fully harden, and I wake up with sheet creases in it no matter how many hours before bed I paint my nails?

Why do Ice Ice Baby and Bust a Move put me in a super happy, dancey-dance mood no matter what is going on or where I am?

Why, when I've always hated running, do I love it so much now? The burn in my legs and my lungs are things I look forward to now.

Why do I always decide the house needs to be clean at 10 o'clock at night?

When I get groceries, why do I almost always forget the one thing I really needed in the first place?

9 Comments:

Blogger Rock Chef said...

They can't wear trousers in the day because they might crap themselves.

Blame James!

God is telling you that you are pretty enough already?

Cheese always makes us happy.

Because you are choosing to run, not being ordered to by a fat teacher.

Because you are female.

Oh we all do that one - I think the supermarkets pump some sort of gas into the air that makes us forget the essentials and buy a load of crap we don't really want!

3:21 AM  
Blogger Reggie Hunnicutt said...

Did the Flintstones wear pants?

5:21 AM  
Blogger Rock Chef said...

Wreggie - good question! I don't think so, but they still wore PJs!

5:27 AM  
Blogger not interested said...

So many "Why?"s. You'd think you spent a lot of time with a 2 year old or something... :)

All very good questions!

3:10 PM  
Blogger James said...

I don't have a good answer about the mail....

8:32 PM  
Anonymous james said...

i also ask most of these questions, nice write up

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahhh i totally agree with the nails. insta dry by sally hansen works though. and im in love with it!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Love ( Founder YUP/ Enlive.Inn) said...

lol i reall;y laughed at this one... cuz thats exactly the thing with me... i get this desire to go shopping once a year and its a holiday and all stores are closed...:P and yes at 11 pm sometimes i am so hyped that i feel like cleaning the home when all are silent... and suddenly i find the will to do it... and then i tell mytself... who does it in the night and go to sleep:) i love being myself... didnt know that was a gemini trait...:)

5:57 AM  
Anonymous Infotainment Lounge said...

I really appreciate sharing this great post. Keep up your work.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home